Previous entry:
« Attention world:

Tuesday is Chooseday

Would you rather...

1. eat pickled herring with every meal for the next year OR eat just one live monkey's brain?
    How much pickled herring? I've never had pickled herring, so I'll go with that, because I refuse to eat living food.
  2. assuming they paid the same, clean up elephant poop at the circus for a living OR be a senator's aid?
    Depends on the senator! Ha ha, no, not really. If it were someone I liked and agreed with, I could probably have a good time. And if it weren't... well, I could slowly poison them until they died. :)
  3. have every joint on your body be double-jointed OR be able to jump 6 feet straight up from standing?
    Jump! I don't know what I would do with all of those double-joints. I don't actually know how double-jointedness works. Couldn't your knee just suddenly slip out of joint and you'd fall over? Better to jump high, I should think.
  4. choke the very life out of a cute, little bunny rabbit OR sleep in a vat of maggots for a month? (thanks nicole)
    Bunny! Maggots are gross. As much as I love bunnies, I would rather strangle one than be covered in wriggling all night long. And then I'd eat the rabbit.

srah - Tuesday, 20 April 2004 - 11:40 AM

gravatar alfie - April 20, 2004 - 1:29 PM -

Wow, you really are our father's daughter. Weirdo.

gravatar Smuj - April 20, 2004 - 2:23 PM -

1. I'd take the monkey brain, because both are equally disgusting to me, and I'd rather just get it over with. (I'm assuming it was an evil monkey.)

2. Senator's aid, for sure. Why are we supposed to find this prospect unappealing? I'd love the opportunity.

3. Jump 6 feet. Although I might pick double-jointedness if I was a woman. Rawr!

4. I'd choke the bunny. Truth be told, I've actually done this before. I worked for a day camp/farm/petting zoo during the summers when I was in high school, and circumstances occasionally required that I euthanize an animal as quickly and as painlessly as possible. For the record, I always hated doing it. It did build character, though. (Hrm, maybe it was a kitten, instead of a bunny.)

gravatar Matthew the Young - April 21, 2004 - 2:01 AM -

1) pickled herring, because you could disguise the taste with other food, and besides, "monkey's brains, tho popular in Cantonese cuisine, are not often to be found in Washington D.C." (or Michigan for that matter...)
2) Senator's aid - what's so bad about that?
3) Jump six feet in the air -- i already have double-jointed shoulders, and it hurts when they pop out, so having 2x-jointed everything, tho amusing to others, would be dangerous...
4) I'd have to pick the poor bunny, because then i could give it to the carnivorous srah, who seems to oddly like dead bunny rabbit flesh... (wow, the things one learns about in weblog posts...)

gravatar srah - April 21, 2004 - 6:57 AM -

It's not so much that I like dead bunny flesh, as I was thinking that I might as well make some use of the bunny after I had to kill it. And since I've already tried it, I wouldn't be too traumatized to eat rabbit. No more traumatized than last time, anyway, when I just had a little nibble to say that I'd tried it.

gravatar katie - April 21, 2004 - 8:24 AM -

Excellent Clue quote placement, MTY.

And I must say that pickled herring is not so bad. But smoked salmon is much better. Could that be substituted.

gravatar Urs - April 21, 2004 - 11:10 AM -

1. Probably pickled herring, though I am VERY particular about the things that go into my mouth, something that Mike pointed out might not be a good thing (he was refering to being able to choke down bad food) and it might be easier to do it once with the brain, unless pickled herring isn't that bad - my sister likes it

2. Duh I would be a senator's aide, that would look amazing on a resume. But maybe they are refering to Chandra Levy? Or whoever that chick was that dissappeared before 9/11. Or maybe it would be like an old senator and you might have to do some not-so-pleasent things, like.... be around republicans?

3. first I was going to go with the double jointed thing, but now that matt says its painful, I might go with the jumping. I really don't much care either way though

4. choke the bunny! maggots are GROSS. And my dad shoots rabbits with his .22 from time to time (cuz they chew up the garden) and once, my family (when I was away at college) ATE one! They said that it was tough and would have been better in a stew. Just another of the anecdotes that prove that I am only one generation removed from the farm

gravatar Cheryl - April 21, 2004 - 11:46 AM -

Animal cruelty!

1. herring, even though it sounds gross. Hey, I'm a primatologist. Eating monkey brains is completely against the rules. Besides, people are getting all kinds of diseases from monkey brains.

2. Elephant poo

3. Jump! Why is being double jointed all over so cool? Jumping is definately more fun. Hey, Sarah, we'd DEFINATELY have fun in any elevator!

4. I think I'd take the maggots. Poor Peter.

gravatar Cheryl - April 21, 2004 - 11:47 AM -

PS Euthenize is not the same as choking the life out of.

gravatar Smuj - April 21, 2004 - 12:58 PM -

Not cruel. Humane. The most humane way possible. Always.