Next entry:
Supplies! »

RESOLVED:

That thigh-high stockings are very sexy and that knee-high stockings are very not.

This resolution was decided in the highest court of the land*. The question is now open to public debate.

–––––
* or... last night in an AIM conversation

srah - Monday, 12 April 2004 - 11:47 AM

gravatar Matthew the Young - April 12, 2004 - 12:42 PM -

I agree, because thigh-high stockings suggest that an observer would be seeing more of the wearer's leg (which is almost always good), as opposed to knee-high stockings where all you see is the calf (else, why would the wearer go to the trouble?) I don't think there is much room for debate here... what kind of resolution is this?

Speaking of thigh*, what about thigh-high socks? Hmmm... ;)

* ha! :)

gravatar Erica - April 12, 2004 - 1:18 PM -

The question of stockings doesn't seem to be debatable to me. That socks thing, though....

Remember back in the day when they made those tights that were made out of sock-like material? Why did I like those?

gravatar katie - April 12, 2004 - 1:46 PM -

Thigh-high anything, whether stockings or socks, piss me off. The reason for this is that they don't stay up. They sag, or worse, the roll. Knee-highs you can keep up because they sit on top of your knees.

gravatar The Urstodian - April 12, 2004 - 2:01 PM -

Thats why you use garters and be especially sexy

Resolved that: The Srah Blah Blah readership should substancially change its understanding of the sexiness of certain types of stockings

Any former debaters out there? We could have a feild day with topicality arguments

gravatar melissa - May 18, 2004 - 6:17 PM -

I like opaque stockings that look like they are from the 1920's. I found some pretty cool ones from here:
StockinGirl