Tuesday is Chooseday

A new meme (to me). We'll see if it catches on...

tuesday is choosedayWould you rather:

1. walk to school OR carry your lunch?
I'm not one of them fancy downtown-dwellers... it takes about 20 minutes to drive downtown, so I'm definitely not walking. That said, at least I wouldn't have to look for parking.

2. drink green beer and throw up for the next hour OR drink green beer and pass out and wake up in an unknown place?
This is hard. That doesn't sound like a good answer, but I really hate throwing up.

3. catch a leprechaun and he give you his pot of gold but the police think you stole the gold and you go to prison OR have to run away from a leprechaun that's evil like the one in the movie?
srah is all about adventure. As long as that adventure is not prison.

4. call in "sick" to work so you can go celebrate st. patrick's day with your friends OR go to work and your boss takes you all out to party?
There are one or two fun people at work... and this way, I get paid.

srah - Tuesday, 16 March 2004 - 10:33 PM

gravatar Matthew the Young - March 17, 2004 - 12:27 AM -

1) Walk to school, because i often do that already...
2) Drink beer and pass out in some unknown place, b/c throwing up for an hour seems like eternity... [um, i've heard... ;) ]
3) i'd take the gold and try to run away from the Leprechaun, except that i'd be laughing too much at Willow Ufgood being dressed in a little green suit...
4) I don't have any friends so this one is easy... (no really, i dunno, guess it depended on how much i liked my coworkers, or how expensive the place my boss was taking me to was ;) ...)

gravatar srah - March 17, 2004 - 12:42 AM -

What's so bad about carrying your lunch? I like to bring lunch from home... I just don't have the time often enough.

gravatar tj - March 17, 2004 - 7:35 AM -

YAY! thanks for playing ... and you BETTER come back next week. ;-)

gravatar Urs - March 17, 2004 - 9:29 AM -

1. walk to school because I usually do. I had to ride the bus when I was little, livin out in the middle of nowhere will do that for ya

2. drink green beer and throw up for the next hour Throwing up isn't THAT bad

3. have to run away from a leprechaun that's evil like the one in the movie? Gold is overrated, certainly not more valuable than a cool story to tell my NON prison inmate friends

4. go to work and your boss takes you all out to party? I can party with my friends many times, the SI guys are goofy

gravatar ilgondo - March 17, 2004 - 10:55 AM -

Yipee, this is one of my favorite meme's and I have been reading you for a while so it is nice to see someone else doing the same meme. Some weeks are harder than others, but it always makes for a good laugh.

gravatar Jez - March 17, 2004 - 12:01 PM -

1) When I was a wee nipper, I walked to school while carrying my packed lunch in my schoolbag. Kids should always walk to school, rather than relying on Mummy and Daddy to drive them in an absurdly large 4x4.

2) Throw up. In my more reckless student days I woke up in a strange place (a Paris metro station). Deeply regretted.

3) What?

4) Go to work. "Sickies" are a precious commodity that should not be wasted. Although last year my boss wouldn't let me take a day off when I wanted for a long weekend away, so I just went to Scotland regardless and phoned up from Aberdeen on the Monday morning "cough, cough, splutter, splutter...I'm ill..."

gravatar srah - March 17, 2004 - 1:05 PM -

Were you in Paris when you started out the night?

gravatar Mike - March 17, 2004 - 1:21 PM -

just curious, is meme a word you've made up for these things or is it university. pronounced like it's french or like saying "me me"?

gravatar TheEnglishMajorThatDoesntProofreadUntilTooLate - March 17, 2004 - 1:22 PM -

and by university, I mean universal

gravatar srah - March 17, 2004 - 1:36 PM -

It's universal and it's pronounced "meem" (rhymes with "cream")

gravatar srah - March 17, 2004 - 2:25 PM -

That's The English Major *WHO* Doesn't Proofread Until Too Late.

gravatar Jez - March 17, 2004 - 2:25 PM -

Yes, I did start the night in Paris. Otherwise it would have been very good anecdote with which to clog up your comments box.

gravatar Jez - March 17, 2004 - 2:28 PM -

When you say English major, I think of a moustachioed Stephen Fry in Blackadder Goes Forth.

gravatar srah - March 17, 2004 - 2:33 PM -

I bet Melchie doesn't proofread either.

gravatar Mike - March 17, 2004 - 6:27 PM -

yeah, after posting I realized I hadn't proofread my name either but wasn't about to post a correction on a correction :)