A political observation

Kerry... Dean... Clark... Edward(s)...

I think Dennis Kucinich and Al Sharpton should run together on the Candidates Who Don't Have First Names For Last Names ticket.

srah - Thursday, 5 February 2004 - 9:18 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Urs - February 5, 2004 - 9:36 PM -

is that all thats left? oye - I need some carmex

gravatar srah - February 5, 2004 - 9:39 PM -

Are those two statements related?

Yep, I think that's it. Although my Democratic Caucus ballot also lists someone called "Uncommitted." I'm really thinking about getting behind him. Or her. Or maybe not. I really can't decide.

gravatar tbone - February 5, 2004 - 11:02 PM -

lock and I found this interesting website--apparently kucinich and sharpton have been rigging it because everyone we know keeps getting matched up with them:

gravatar srah - February 5, 2004 - 11:04 PM -

Go Team CWDHFNFLN!

gravatar srah - February 5, 2004 - 11:27 PM -

I got 100% Kucinich, 92% Sharpton! WTF, mate?!

gravatar Mike - February 6, 2004 - 10:53 AM -

I myself got Kucinich 100, Edwards 93
Ya gotta wonder who makes the website--how they rank your rankings and such

gravatar richard - February 6, 2004 - 2:24 PM -

That's funny.
I'll have to tell that one to my friend,
Sharpton Jones

gravatar Urs - February 6, 2004 - 3:59 PM -

I was 100% kerry, 98% dean and between 90 and 83% for the rest of the canidates. I think I'm gonna be the Urstodian for a few minutes:

urstodian

See, often, we make judgements about people before we really even understand them. Those canidates that are so-called "fringe" canidates are only fringe for one reason - their outward appearance and reputation. In fact, I am sure that if some of you sat down with Ted Kaczynski, you might find that you agree with him part of the time too yet still disagree with his methods and mentality. So this should be a lesson - do not judge based on apperances or even reputation, even if you think you know someone. In reality, its all hearsay - like my old Mock Trial coach would say - "unless you 'personally observed' something - its hearsay." You don't know the truth about anyone until you hear the words from his/her own mouth.

/urstodian

I was 90% sharpton too... but he was third on my list

gravatar krista. - February 6, 2004 - 9:47 PM -

I've come up with a different candidate every time I did one of those quizzes. So I should either be behind Kucinich, Clark, or Kerry. I'm usually nowhere near Sharpton, though, for some reason. He's a pretty groovy dude in general, I just don't know if I would want him in the big seat.

Oddly enough, one of my more racist relatives was talking in all seriousness this afternoon about voting for him, and that floored me beyond flooring. I almost asked if she realized that he was black. I wonder if she actually knows...hmm...it wouldn't really surprise me.