Torch the quarters, Meatwad

The Michigan Quarter comes out in 23 days. It is very BORing.

In other fascinating news from the US Mint, 2004 will also bring us new commemorative Louisiana Purchase nickels. Apparently money is not appealing enough to Americans so we have to change it up every once in a while just to get people excited about it.

I am picturing the lifestyle over at the US Mint, and let's just say it involves a lot of rolling papers and truckfuls of Doritos. There may be a dealer walking around DC with a pocket full of Sacagaweas, if you know what I mean.

srah - Saturday, 3 January 2004 - 11:43 AM

gravatar Mr. B--------- - January 3, 2004 - 11:59 AM -

I was thinking about giving up on money, until I heard they were coming out with state quarters! Now I'm hooked on money!

gravatar the crazy girl not across the room - January 3, 2004 - 12:37 PM -

Happy Belated New Year!

gravatar Erica - January 3, 2004 - 5:25 PM -

Hahahahahaha.... papers.... Doritos... Sacagaweas..... heh!

That Michigan quarter came out kind of lacking. That is the least imaginative thing they possibly could have chosen. How fun would it be if every state just put the outline of the state on the back? Not very!

gravatar katie - January 3, 2004 - 6:40 PM -

God bless America, but more specifically, God Bless Vermont. Our quarter is hella cool! Our description is not, as it basically outlines what we Vermonters like to call "the Vermont stereotype".

gravatar cristina - January 4, 2004 - 3:41 AM -

how else are children supposed to learn about history? school? books? school books?! i don't think so.

gravatar Anonymous - January 12, 2004 - 3:59 AM -

I became a collector of the coins, first time since I was a kid. But it seems to me, a way for the gov'nment to produce more money, knowing that a good portion of it is going to be socked away. What that means I am not quite sure of.