Wanderlust

Why does Lebanon sound so fascinating and alluring and exotic and romantic and Beirut just sound scary?

Someone just came in asking about study abroad opportunities in Lebanon. I want to go to Lebanon. I want to go to Iceland. I want to go to Cambodia. I want to go to South Africa. I want to go to Ireland. I want to go to Peru. I want to go to Bulgaria. I want to go to Japan. Why am I here? Why am I not trotting the globe?

srah - Monday, 17 November 2003 - 3:06 PM

gravatar Urs - November 17, 2003 - 4:06 PM -

I want to study in Beirut...... I heard that the American University at/of/in Beirut is the best university in the middle east. It's also a great place to party

BUT you probably think its scary because of the violence that happened there while the PLO was headquartered there in the 1980's, but since the PLO is now the PA and in the Gaza Strip (or the West Bank) somewhere, Beirut is not longer the scene of conflict. Probably all information you already know but I like to show off anyway

gravatar Justin - November 17, 2003 - 11:27 PM -

Because it costs lots of money, perhaps?

gravatar richard - November 18, 2003 - 7:51 AM -

you're right, Lebanon... Like anon...ymous.
It has intrigue.

Iceland, however, sound like the place that Val Kilmer would be from in "Top Gun"

gravatar katie - November 18, 2003 - 8:49 AM -

I also would like to be trotting the globe. Could we save some money by getting a two-person rail pass?

gravatar keith - November 18, 2003 - 12:53 PM -

You should visit "Stab City" in Ireland!

Goto Japan if you want to experience a vastly different culture (although, the newer generations are more and more "Western").

Also, I hear they're total freaks in the sack!

gravatar srah - November 18, 2003 - 5:38 PM -

... with sexy results?

gravatar Stephen - November 19, 2003 - 5:04 AM -

Ah, travel. I love that word. There are so many places I want to go. I've got to figure out a better way to get there. I guess the assistant thing in France is a start.

gravatar STUFF - November 20, 2003 - 10:07 AM -

LEBANON IS FASCINATING BECAUSE OF ALL THE SHAPES THEIR. THE SHAPES ARE SO BIG AND BLUE. THE SHAPES ARE EVERYWHERE. THE SHAPES ARE EATING ME. DON'T MAKE ME HIT THE SHAPES. I LIKE THE SHAPES.
SO, IN OTHERWORDS, ITS ALL DOWN TO THE SHAPES.
DO YOU LIKE THE SHAPES?

gravatar srah - November 20, 2003 - 11:29 AM -

I could have deleted this as spam, but I kinda like it. :)