Previous entry:
« Soolaimon

"Blame Canada"

From Southpark. Is there anything I have to do when speaking of copyrighted material? I don't want you to get sued. Or soolemaned.

But really, we're not blaming them today. We're blaming something else. I went to this talk yesterday where there was this person, and I don't want to say their name because they might come find me, seriously. Yes, there was this person. And they were talking about nutrition and obesity and how the fast food companies are to blame. And blah blah blah. Basically, that we are forced to eat the bad food, that we don't know what we're doing and it's all advertising's fault. So I pointed out that there is such a thing as personal responsibility. And so this person then said that they went to a resteraunt where they had to be very careful with what they choice to eat, and they had no choices for good food. Here's your choice: DON'T GO TO THE RESTERAUNT. Somehow, we seem to forget that no one is forcing us to eat a hamgburger or sugar cereals, that we're not being brainwashed or having the non-nutritious, extra large portions shoved down are throat, or that sometimes there is a little thing we like to call "genetics", which are involved in obesity. Yes, some food is bad for you, and sometimes you don't always know what you're eating, but, really, has anyone ever said cookies are good for you? I mean, did Becky buy that tasteless water? I don't know, maybe I'm just more educated about the badness of cookies and cakes than others. And that's all I have to say about that.

cheryl - Friday, 5 September 2003 - 3:52 PM

gravatar richard - September 6, 2003 - 9:15 AM -

Thank You, Thank you, Sam I Am.

A Federal judge in NY feels the same way. He just threw out a suit against Micky D's

They never triend to mislead us, we always knew that the quarter pounder wasn't the healthy choice.

gravatar katie - September 8, 2003 - 8:40 AM -

Amen amen amen!!!!

Finally, someone with SENSE. Isn't it just sickening how people want to be totally free to do whatever they want with no thought to personal responsability, and then blame someone else when there are less-than-desireable consequences?

Arg. Stupid culture.

gravatar The Cat Whisperer (Christien Lomax) - September 8, 2003 - 10:15 AM -

Hehe, you like this then...

Lawsuit Wants Oreo Cookies Banned in California

Fortunately, the suit was dropped...

I really hate it when people blame fast food or bad food or no food for all their ailments. Heck, I'm partially lactose intolerant and I LOVE ice-cream, so I eat it on occasion, even though I know it will make me sick later. Nobody forces me, I want it, and I eat it. It is a conscious decision we all make.

My beef with advertising is where they aim it at kids. Kids HAVE to be thin & beautiful, otherwise they will never be popular (I don't believe that one bit, but it is rammed down their throats daily). So they can't eat this, or they can't eat that, but at the same time, all these fast food places are aiming their advertising at those same kids. Isn't that just a little confusing?

Adults can fend for themselves, aim all the advertising you want at them, but kids are VERY impressionable at a young age. There was a girl in my school (a friend of a friend) who ate flour & water for months, and was a stick because she was terrified of being FAT. That's wrong. She was BEAUTIFUL before she went on the stupid flour diet, and sickly after.

gravatar srah - September 8, 2003 - 10:32 AM -

That's disgusting! Flour and water? I think that would make you thin because you would eat nothing rather than eat that.

Diets are dumb. Everything in moderation.

gravatar Cheryl - September 8, 2003 - 1:15 PM -

On Friday, there's a special from Dr. Phil about how it is out own faults and how people CHOOSE to be fat. NBC, sometime in the evening. 9ish?