Who's on second?

When I was little, I had to have a Favorite Everything. Favorite TV show, favorite color, favorite character in every movie I watched, favorite daddy (I always told mine he was 288th or so... but that's how our family is), favorite member of the British royal family, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Not only did I have to have a Favorite Everything, I had to have a Second Favorite Everything. And a Third Favorite Everything. And so on and so on, until I'd run out of possibilities or lost interest in the list.

And so I ask you to consider: What's your second favorite...

1. movie?
  2. color?
  3. celebrity?
  4. British monarch in history?
  5. band/singer?
  6. name?
  7. TV show?
  8. composer?

srah - Wednesday, 6 August 2003 - 11:00 PM

gravatar alfie - August 7, 2003 - 12:06 AM -

Second favorite? Geez, I can't even figure out for sure what my favorites are for some of these. I have way too many movies, tv shows, celebrities and singers to choose from.

gravatar srah - August 7, 2003 - 9:39 AM -

Fine, I'll do it myself.

1. Amlie
2. green
3. Neil Dudgeon
4. This is a hard one. I have a first, but after that... we'll say William the Conquerer, because he made such an impact on the English language. (list)
5. Renaud
6. Why did I ask this question? I don't even have a first favorite name. We'll say Sbastien.
7. Jeeves & Wooster
8. Antonin Dvořk

gravatar katie - August 7, 2003 - 9:56 AM -

I don't really have a heirarchy for my favorites. They are all grouped into one giant cluster. And 2nd fav is a lot harder than 1st. But I'll give it a shot...

movie= can't decide. :oP
color= red
celebrity= Ewan McGregor
British monarch in history= Do Roman emperors count, like from the period where Britannia was part of the Empire? Then Constantine.
band/singer= The Monkees
name= name? Like first name? Or Jedi name? Or what?
TV show= The Simpsons
composer= Vivaldi

gravatar katie - August 7, 2003 - 9:58 AM -

William the Conqueror is my #1. :)

gravatar krista. - August 7, 2003 - 9:58 AM -

1.) The Hours
2.) blue
3.) George Clooney
4.) Mary, Queen of Scots
5.) Cake
6.) Um, well, I suppose I'll just be an ass and pick two because I'm not sure--Etienne (minus the proper accenting, and as an aside, I think the name--outside of the francophone world--is better suited to women) or Catriona (again, minus the nifty accenting over the i).
7.) Trading Spaces
8.) I don't actually know so many, so I'll just list my first favourite, which is also Dvorak.

gravatar srah - August 7, 2003 - 10:07 AM -

I forgot The Simpsons! Drat. George VI is my first.

gravatar Cheryl - August 7, 2003 - 12:02 PM -

Remember there was a column in the paper or something about favorites in 6th grade? Or maybe that was just you. I remember reading it or giving you answers during Engineering Club. Yes, Engineering Club.

gravatar katie - August 7, 2003 - 1:30 PM -

Engineering Club???

Yay for Trading Spaces!

I was Mary Queen of Scots in my 10th grade history class role-playing learning game.

gravatar alfie - August 7, 2003 - 3:01 PM -

1. The Divorce of Lady X
2. Green
3. Neil Dudgeon, Dominic Monaghan or Ewan McGregor
4. Lady Jane Grey
5. The Beatles and the Barenaked Ladies are tied for the top two spots.
6. Simon and Elizabeth
7. Scarecrow and Mrs. King (You didn't say it had to be a current show.)
8. George Gershwin and Andrew Lloyd Webber are tied for first and second.

gravatar Jez - August 8, 2003 - 6:27 AM -

1. The Odd Couple
2. Blue
3. don't have favourite slebs
4. Charles I
5. Changes all the time, but if you press me for an answer, I'll have to say: Koop
6. Serafn (M) and Laura (F)
7. Never watch telly, but: Only Fools & Horses (UK sitcom) - (or Frasier, if you want a US example)
8) Debussy

gravatar Andy - August 8, 2003 - 8:05 AM -

1. Entrapment
2. Dark Red
3. Ooo thats a hard one, don't usually have fav's for celebs ... Nope can't think.
4. Queen Victoria, classy lass!
5. Coldplay