Previous entry:
« La manque

Pay no attention to that girl behind the weblog

Upon further reflection, maybe I'm just hitting my normal post-France mal du pays a bit late and being overdramatic.

srah - Thursday, 10 July 2003 - 4:07 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar richard - July 10, 2003 - 7:35 PM -

It's not overdramatic to mourn the loss of close contact with friends and even acquiantinces. I often pine for people that I'm not as close to as I once was. It can physically hurt sometimes.

I don't have a nice, "it gets better" or "you make new friends" part to go here. It just plain hurts. You live with it, and it becomes a part of who you are.

It's no reason not to teach though. It will happen no matter what you do.

gravatar katie - July 10, 2003 - 8:30 PM -

I am glad, Richard, that you don't offer any mushy-gushy sugary things to say. They never make anyone feel better, do they? Sigh. Srah, dear, I think you liked being a teacher more than you realize. And as Richard says, things hurt everywhere in life.

I feel the physical pain you're feeling now, except it's for a city, a memory of a life in a far-off land. I miss Paris so much. I wonder how my friends from Poitiers are doing. So while I certainly don't have the same memories as you, I can understand how you're feeling.

When we go blogcamping, we will bemoan our woes.

gravatar srah - July 11, 2003 - 12:05 AM -

Shup wit' yo blogcamping.

Thank you folks. But fo' shizzle - don't take me seriously, yo! These sudden outbursts of emotion don't last long, and I'll go back to being my normal emotionless self pretty quickly, I think. It's really best if I just blog things to get them out, and then I feel better. Then I have to do a post like this one so that people won't think I'm as seriously disturbed as I sound.

I don't think teaching is for me, though, because I was about as miserable teaching as I am not-teaching. I just miss the peoples.

gravatar katie - July 11, 2003 - 9:47 AM -

Blogcamping! Blogcamping! Blogcamping! Blogcamping! Blogcamping! Blogcamping!

Fo' shizzle? I'm glad I don't live in Michigan. They talk funny there. ;)

gravatar srah - July 11, 2003 - 12:39 PM -