Based on drive-to-work conversation

How many characters on Head of the Class can you name, just off the top of your head?

One of the IMDb user comments:

Stretching the realms of plausibility is what makes sitcoms great! Well, actually, Alex P. Keaton is what makes sitcoms great. And he's not in this. So, it ain't great. And, what's more, it stretches the realms of plausibility. The students in the class are geeky. A little too geeky if you know what I mean. And they never get beaten up! I smell a rat, and that rat is of alien form. Yes, I think it is fairly obvious that the only explanation for their super- intelligence and their physical invulnerability is that they are extra- terrestrials planning an invasion. Impossible? Remember, Robin Williams looked human in Mork and Mindy. I rest my case.

srah - Thursday, 24 July 2003 - 8:37 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Mer - July 24, 2003 - 12:53 PM -

Between all of us at work, we could only name a mere three. Arvid, Dennis and Mr. Moore. We called Robin Given's character "Denise." But that was "A Different World," I guess.

gravatar richard - July 24, 2003 - 1:04 PM -

I couldn't even name you one character, but I remembered Howard Hessman was the teacher. Unfortunately, no role will likely ever top his "Johnny Fever" character.
Also, while plunking around the imdb(thanks for the link, Srah!) and checking on the illustrious careers that followed the cast, I did find out that Michael DeLorenzo went on to play a key role in the movie "A Few Good Men" He was pvt. William Santiago. (the dead guy)

gravatar srah - July 24, 2003 - 1:32 PM -

My dad and I came up with seven on the way to work: Arvid, Dennis, Janice, Sara, Jawarlhalal (sp.?), Eric, and Simone. I don't like the fakey new people they brought in partway through the series.

On the way into his building, I asked my dad, "What was Mike Tyson's wife's name?" and a coworker replied, "Robin Givens". Hellooooo... how could you not understand immediately without hearing the rest of the conversation that I meant her character on Head of the Class? Isn't that what's on everybody's mind at every moment of the day?

gravatar alfie - July 24, 2003 - 7:46 PM -

Is that why you wouldn't accept Robin Givens as a character on "Head of the Class?" You also wouldn't accept Simone's boyfriend, that pretentious guy, Johnny Fever from WKRP Cinncinnati (I couldn't remember his name either.) or Billy Connelly s characters.

gravatar Justin - July 25, 2003 - 1:36 AM -

What's "Head of the Class?"

gravatar richard - July 25, 2003 - 10:16 AM -