Previous entry:
« srah's TV guide

Yes sir, it's glasses soup

Do you really care about whether your glasses match your outfit? It never occurred to me to own more than one pair of glasses at a time, but I knew people in Vichy who would choose their glasses for the day as a fashion accessory. Of course I hung around a lot of opticians, so maybe they could afford to be fashionable like that. I dunno. Glasses are for seeing, and clothes are for being not-naked. Fashion be damned.

srah - Tuesday, 3 June 2003 - 12:14 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar katie - June 3, 2003 - 2:02 PM -

Good for you! Stand up for what you believe in (or don't believe in, I guess).

As for me, I'm afraid I've given in to the dark side. Shooooooooooooooes........

gravatar srah - June 3, 2003 - 2:06 PM -

Dude, I can own seven hundred pairs of shoes, but still not look good in them. Or something. It's a matter of principles. Or something.

gravatar Jez - June 3, 2003 - 2:30 PM -

I only buy shoes when the soles fall off my old ones.

Glasses are not a fashion item. Glasses are a necessity for seeing. I buy a new pair once every five years or so. Also, glasses are bloody expensive. I went back to the UK to buy mine, as French opticians commit daylight robbery on their myopic prey (such as myself). I need extra thin super duper lenses, otherwise I would be looking through lenses the size of Coke bottles.

gravatar srah - June 3, 2003 - 4:28 PM -

I am -4.50 left and -5.50 right. I told this to my Optics students and they were all amazed and wanted to see my glasses.

Alfie beats me, though.

gravatar alfie - June 4, 2003 - 1:19 AM -

yippee for me and my crappy eyesight. yay for being blind as a bat. grrr.

gravatar katie - June 4, 2003 - 8:23 AM -

I don't wear glasses. If I did, I would probably have a pair to match every pair of shoes. So it's good I don't wear them because I don't have money like that.

If you ever visit me in Vermont, I will show you how to buy shoes that look good. It involves buying clothes that look good with the shoes. It can be costly...

gravatar Erica - June 4, 2003 - 4:18 PM -

I don't wear my glasses that often, as I prefer to wear contacts. If I wore glasses on a regular basis, I'd probably at least have 2 pairs. I've never had more than one pair of glasses at a time in my life.