Stupid bouncing smiley face!

I went to Wal-Mart today, tagging along with a colleague.

I didn't burst into flames.

srah - Friday, 18 August 2006 - 3:22 PM

gravatar krista. - August 18, 2006 - 3:36 PM -

Ah, so no one told you? The flames come later...

When you least expect them.

Muahahahahaha!

(sorry...corporate sliminess is NOT a laughing matter)

gravatar srah - August 18, 2006 - 3:41 PM -

Maybe you have to buy something to explode into flames. I just crossed the threshold.

gravatar monger187 - August 18, 2006 - 4:34 PM -

I think you should try buying a fire extinguisher and see what happens.

gravatar Derick - August 19, 2006 - 5:01 PM -

maybe you should use your shiv making skills to kill the stupid bouncing smiley face...just a thought

gravatar Fraulein N - August 21, 2006 - 10:02 AM -

You totally got cooties, though. Admit it. I have seen actual TRASH lying around inside the nearest Wal-Mart. Half-eaten candy bars and used tissues, ick. At another Wal-Mart, I saw men sporting mullets and Nascar shirts, trying to stuff a big-ass TV into the hatch of their rusty hatchback. No lie.

gravatar jamelah - August 21, 2006 - 10:14 AM -

I went to Wal Mart on Saturday and I bought things. Mmmm, low, low prices.

gravatar srah - August 21, 2006 - 6:33 PM -

Meijer has low low prices too and it isn't CREEPY.

gravatar Tony - August 21, 2006 - 8:54 PM -

I feel strange that I'm in the minority that isn't creeped out when I walk into a WalMart. I mean, granted, I might be one of the few that isn't wearing a grease-stained, wife-beater tank top, but it bothers me not when it comes down to purchasing, say, a tube for a bike tire or a pack of batteries - particularly if they happen to have the lowest price around.

gravatar srah - August 21, 2006 - 8:59 PM -

You didn't grow up in Michigan, where we have viable alternatives.

gravatar Erica M - August 22, 2006 - 12:45 AM -

Yeah, you just wait on those flames. Karma's a bitch.

I miss Meijer's. *sigh*

gravatar jamelah - August 22, 2006 - 8:58 AM -

Well I did grow up in Michigan (still live there!) and though I'm never like "Ooooh, I can't wait to go shopping at Wal-Mart!" I do buy stuff there when it's a) convenient and b) cheaper. Because I like it when things are convenient and cheap. And though I understand that it's a redneck mecca and also owned and operated by Satan, it's also, uh, just a store.

gravatar Cheryl - August 24, 2006 - 12:16 PM -

Hey, my friend and I once tried to stuff a tv in a trunk...but we stole it from next to a dumpster behind a repair shop and we were drunk.

gravatar srah - August 24, 2006 - 12:24 PM -

... does that have anything to do with Wal-Mart?