Blazering a path to adulthood

Dear Student,

No, I am not the student you were sent to the resource library to talk to. I am wearing a blazer. Therefore I am an adult. ADULT ADULT ADULT!

You can tell by the fact that I am throwing a tantrum online. I am a grown-up!

srah - Tuesday, 21 March 2006 - 6:02 PM

gravatar alfie - March 23, 2006 - 12:57 PM -

You could be from a private school. They wear blazers. That and you look about 12.

gravatar Fraulein N - March 24, 2006 - 2:19 PM -

Next time try a blazer with leather elbow patches. That always works for me.

gravatar Not your mom - March 24, 2006 - 3:53 PM -

Try a name tag with your title and keep it pinned to your blazer at all times. Also maybe some theater makeup to make you look older. :-)

gravatar plantsnbooks - March 24, 2006 - 4:09 PM -

or you could always add the long floral scarf or a pin to the lapel.
That's sure to add some years

gravatar srah - March 24, 2006 - 4:14 PM -

I'm ready for my closeup, Mr DeMille!

(Note: It happened again today. Twice. What is wrong with this blazer????)

gravatar srah - March 24, 2006 - 4:22 PM -

I'm wearing a scarf, but alas it is not floral.

gravatar plantsnbooks - March 24, 2006 - 5:40 PM -

well then, maybe adding some pearls would do the trick.

I'm just kidding. don't wear pearls with your scarf and a blazer! It's too much.

gravatar mommy - March 24, 2006 - 6:45 PM -

Pearls are always in good taste.

gravatar uncle scott aka scott aka Rover aka Pat's Husband - March 24, 2006 - 6:54 PM -

Oh Quit griping!!!

You will RULE! the day (not as in measure) when you get to our ages (40ish 50ish), and people can't believe your age.

Trust me you will see it in a totally different light...(Grief people think I am older than I am, I'll trade your complaint for mine anyday)

Peace.

gravatar srah - March 24, 2006 - 9:33 PM -

Good news: I got the student price at the movies tonight.

gravatar Aunt Pam - March 26, 2006 - 2:43 PM -

There are many choices that you have.

You could give up your personal style and look like everyone else or You could embrace the style that you feel suits you best and you are comfortable with both wearing and looking.

You could adopt bad lifestyle habits like smoking, excessive drinking, and late-night partying, that will age you quite quickly or you could keep a healthy diet and healthy habits that will preserve your youthful appearance (Your Uncel Scott Rocks by the way - listen closely to him Grasshopper)

I think you see where I'm going with this.

Sarah you are a bright, articulate, intelligent WOMAN. Stand tall, be confident in the fact that you are the most perfect you on the planet. Your self-assuredness and confidence will let those who might momentarily mistake you for someone younger to know in quick time that you are no child.

By the by . . . had a client in the office the other night. Uncle John and I both thought she was about your age (mid 20's) She was 37 years old. nuff said.