Previous entry:
« In the red

Second insult: They haven't even called me back!

I went out shopping the other day and they didn't have what I was looking for, but took my name and number so that they could contact me when it came in. I said, "It's Sarah... with an H" as I often do when telling people what my name is. I watched upside-down as the girl wrote "Shara."

"Shara" is not Sarah-with-an-H. Shara is Shara. It's a completely different, made-up name! Do I have a speech impediment I'm not aware of, that turns my S's into Sh's?

Bah.

srah - Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

gravatar Cheryl - May 11, 2005 - 12:25 PM -

People are dumb. Yesterday, I called Kinko's to find out a price range for binding. It took me 3 or 4 attempts to get him to understand I wasn't saying "black and white copying". Apparently, saying "no, I need..." and enunciating extra well wasn't enough.

gravatar Jamie - May 11, 2005 - 12:35 PM -

My cousin's name is Sarah as well and I remember that a lot of people thought that Sarah-with-an-H meant Sahra. Not so much better, is it?

gravatar jamelah - May 11, 2005 - 3:22 PM -

I used to work in an office with a girl named Sarah, and all of her mail was allways addressed to Sahara. So there's that.

gravatar jamelah - May 11, 2005 - 3:25 PM -

allways. nice.

gravatar rory - May 11, 2005 - 11:33 PM -

*LMAO* Thanks for cracking me up!!!!

gravatar Sarah. - May 12, 2005 - 12:20 AM -

Maybe Sarahs in general have speech impediments. I went to a friend's church last Sunday and 2/3rds of the congregation had to come and shake my hand because I was new. I was called "Shara," "Sharon," "Shannon," and "Sheryl," among other even less comprehensible names. I didn't bother correcting anyone when they messed my name up, so they'll probably discuss me next week and all will be surprised when they discover that they had so many new visitors; after all, they only met that one sort of mumbly chick.

gravatar Not Your MOM - May 12, 2005 - 4:55 AM -

Maybe you should just drop the "H" off your name. My cousin did that. When we were in our late teens or early 20's she complained of being plain old Sarah so I said why not become Sara. So, even though she is Sarah on her birth certifcate, she has gone by Sara since then.

gravatar srah - May 12, 2005 - 7:53 AM -

Yechhhhhhhhh. Like Anne of Green Gables, I would not allow my name to be sullied in such a fashion.

gravatar jamelah - May 12, 2005 - 6:21 PM -

Dude. Just imagine if your name were Jamelah.