'Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable'

We managed to initiate at least three new people to the Cult of Clue on Friday, when we had a Clue party complete with costumed attendees. The party was, for some inexplicable reason, hosted by Mrs White. In attendance were Colonel Mustard, The Motorist, Mme Rose, Mrs Peacock, Wadsworth (Rachel), Miss Scarlet (Allison) and Mr Green.

We watched the movie, during which Colonel Mustard was killed with the Brass Monkey in the Family Room for mumbling along with the entire movie. Then we played Clue Master Detective, where Mme Rose uncovered the dastardly plot, and we ate s'mores which had no connection to the movie other than this: s'mores are good.

srah - Sunday, 2 May 2004 - 2:02 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar MikeH - May 3, 2004 - 2:14 AM -

Ever play electronic talking clue? It's a letdown, except for the voices like the british narrator: "You seurch ahnd find Mrs. White roammmmming about." [horrid rendering into text but oh well]

See but in the electronic one you don't get to be the people, you just just gotta figure out which of the people did it. There's no little ropes or knives to put on the board either :-C

gravatar alfie - May 3, 2004 - 8:43 AM -

What brass monkey? I've been spending huge parts of my life in that room since 1991 and I don't remember a brass monkey.

gravatar katie - May 3, 2004 - 9:51 AM -

Why wasn't I invited? And who the heck is Mme. Rose? I don't remember that character...

gravatar alfie - May 3, 2004 - 1:34 PM -

She's in Clue Master Detective along with M. Brunette, Georgia Peach, Sgt. Grey, etc.

gravatar katie - May 3, 2004 - 2:22 PM -

Harumph. You and your silly Master Detective. Was regular old Original Clue not good enough for you?

gravatar Almond - May 3, 2004 - 3:48 PM -

The Master Detective was my fault. I didn't have appropriate clothing for the regular characters. I did, however, have a garish poofy pink dress. Yay for Mme Rose! The brass monkey was also my fault. It was a monkey shaped candlestick. And Colonel Mustard was really asking for it.

gravatar srah - May 3, 2004 - 6:17 PM -

It's a funky monkey.

gravatar Matthew the Young - May 4, 2004 - 2:14 AM -

Col. Mustard was just doing what he thought was right -- "but that does not make me a murderer!"

... and i didn't know the *entire* movie. Be glad i was mumbling -- i would have quoted much louder but i feared for my life as it was...

gravatar srah - May 4, 2004 - 7:38 AM -

No, I believe it makes you murdered.