Previous entry:
« Which is it?

Karaoke bus... of DOOM!

This morning on the way to work, I was treated to a musical delight! Our bus driver is some kind of aspiring singer and spent the entire voyage singing along with the radio.

I couldn't decide whether to be annoyed or amused and proud that he sang with such force and abandon throughout the trip. Part of me was happy that he could sing and sing and sing and enjoy himself while driving.

Another part of me realized that he was trying to harmonize and not always succeeding and that he didn't know all of the words and that he was singing so loudly that he drowned out the song he was trying to harmonize with and that I was trapped in the bus against my will with nowhere to go while he sang along with Nelly Furtado - or the words that he remembered - so that it sounded something like "... LIFE... SHORT... JUST FOR YOU... FEEL... POWERLESS... GONNA DO?"

And yet, in the end, I think that first part of me won out. I'm glad he enjoyed himself and I kind of enjoyed along with him.

srah - Tuesday, 13 April 2004 - 12:02 AM

gravatar tbone - April 13, 2004 - 12:22 AM -

Oh yeah, I know what guy you are talking about. He sings everyday. I, too, admire that he is willing to sing in front of everyone. But, I think that he's one of those bus drivers that drives away if he sees you running.

There is also the frequent honker bus driver who honks at anyone that is even thinking about getting in his way. And it's not just a light honk--he really lays it on.

Then, there is the chick that drives like a bat out of hell. I swear she thinks she is in the bus driving race to see if she can lap the other bus drivers. I once witnessed a bus pull up and then her bus immediately following behind.

I ride the bus too much.

gravatar Smuj - April 13, 2004 - 9:09 AM -

Wouldn't it be fun if the entire bus joined in?

gravatar srah - April 13, 2004 - 12:14 PM -

I don't know if that would make it worse or not...

gravatar Erica - April 15, 2004 - 5:50 PM -

Have you ever gotten the guy who announces the stops? Short, round, guy with whimsical scarves. He was always good for a smile. Of course it's been a long ass time since I rode the bus, so he might not even be a driver anymore.

gravatar susan - April 18, 2004 - 1:50 AM -

i saw this very scary sight the other night down at the beach. i thought i was going mad. your post reminded me of it...