Previous entry:
« NPE? NMP!

Two more hours, please!

Dear srah,
What are you doing up at this ungodly hour?
- A Concerned Imaginary Reader
Dear Reader,
Not sleeping, that's for sure!
SRAH

I don't know how long I've been at that point, but I woke myself up from a point between asleep and awake where I had been editing my Java program in a semi-conscious state of my imagination. I feel like I was in that state all night, tossing and turning over undeclared variables. I is not feeling mightly rested.

I'm just glad I don't have JBuilder installed in my head, because I think I was really screwing up my program.

Back to bed I go, hoping for something a bit more restful to dream about...

srah - Tuesday, 30 March 2004 - 5:55 AM

gravatar katie - March 30, 2004 - 8:54 AM -

Silly srah. However, I empathize. The one and only double-all-nighter I pulled in college was due to a programming assignment. I skipped most of my classes for those two days also, so I basically spent three days and two nights consecutively programming.

Music to program by:

1) Moby
2) Disco

gravatar Smuj - March 30, 2004 - 9:41 AM -

My new favorite programming music is Dirty Vegas.

Srah, the only thing more ridiculous than losing sleep over undeclared variables is getting out of bed to blog about your having lost sleep over undeclared variables.

Of course, this is coming from someone who has been known to have "a ha" moments at 3:00 in the morning, and get out of bed to implement them. I really have no room to talk.

gravatar srah - March 30, 2004 - 9:43 AM -

I had to get out of my bed. I was all cold-sweaty.

The good news is, I fell into a real sleep for about three more hours and dreamt a really bloggable dream that I promptly forgot.

gravatar eston - March 30, 2004 - 2:28 PM -

The best programming music I've found is at SomaFM. Their Secret Agent station is the best ambient station for, well, everything.

gravatar Matthew the Young - March 31, 2004 - 3:56 AM -

What am I do up at 3:55am reading your blog?! Aaah! Must get to sleep! And the sun rises at 6:00am? I didn't know that...

gravatar srah - March 31, 2004 - 7:16 AM -

This is because you sleep through it! Grrrrr.