Y usted, Eugene? Why's your face turning green?

People keep warning me not to drink the water here, that it tastes terrible and is not fit for drinking. I'm from Ann Arbor, folks! I think I can deal with a little chlorine.

Of course, maybe they have some terrible parasites in addition to the chlorine. Washington, DC is not south of the border - unless you mean the Canadian one or the Mason-Dixon line - but I guess I'll stick to bottled water nonetheless.

srah - Tuesday, 24 February 2004 - 5:04 PM

gravatar Mike - February 24, 2004 - 5:22 PM -

Yes! Drink that water. People round here (Ann Arbor) are always looking at me like I'm crazy for drinking the water. I once gave my friend water so she could take her asprin and she said something to the effect of "Did you just get this from the sink?!" There's not many of us tap drinkers left round here.

gravatar jday - February 24, 2004 - 6:14 PM -

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you survive four years of the sludge that Albion calls water? If your GI can handle that, it can handle anything!

gravatar Urs - February 24, 2004 - 8:28 PM -

I am always amazed by people that hate tap water. Every place has differently tasting water and it just takes getting used to, theres nothing wrong with it.

And I really like the water in this town, I noticed it right away and I DIDN'T have to "get used" to it. Of course, some places just have REALLY crappy stuff that I won't even drink cold, like my parents' house (well water and something else....)

I feel like I'm gonna sound mean or something, but its just my little pet peeve or something.... eeehhhhh I want food

gravatar rick - February 24, 2004 - 11:44 PM -

Well the thing going on in DC is that there's lead in the water. So it's not so much being finicky about taste as it is wanting to avoid brain damage. But I always drank and liked Ann Arbor's water, and so far I'm taking my chances here.

gravatar Urs - February 25, 2004 - 12:01 AM -

hmm, lead in the water isn't good..... but I don't think that lead can hurt adults, I'm not sure.

gravatar srah - February 25, 2004 - 8:51 AM -

Yeah, Mike - if your friends think Ann Arbor water is bad, tell them to try Albion College water, circa 1998!

I am not interested in drinking lead. Bottled it is, I guess.

gravatar katie - February 25, 2004 - 9:27 AM -

I think it's a ploy to boost the bottled water industry, which probably has a contract with the FDA. Similar to the way the nutritional food pyramid that we all knew by heart as children was based on a puke-load of grains as the foundation. This is not nutritionally sound, but was actually designed to support the grain farming industry, with which there was a contract of some sort...

Gotta love it. Counsel on our phyiscal health is based on whom is getting whose money!

gravatar Urs - February 25, 2004 - 11:35 AM -

Yeah, and currently this Atkins push is based on money from a faltering beef industry. It's also a DIRECT result of the popularity of vegetarinaism, And Dr. Atkins actually had a heart attack but fell and died to avoid having to eat his words.

These statements are ordered in increasing probabliity of being conspiracies, but I like 'em!