She's mighty, my tea

Dear People At Work,

Please stop stealing my tea. It wouldn't bother me so much if there were one or two of you taking it in order to drink it on your own, but you tend to take the box, which is clearly marked with my initials and set it out whenever there's a presentation, offering it to millions of strangers.

Oh, and while we're at it,

Dear People Who Come to My Workplace,

Please stop being so rigid and unmovable. You are never going to find an internship if you reject all of my suggestions for no apparent reason other than you think you might have heard something about the program once and maybe it wasn't very good.

Also, stop being moist and floppy*. Telling me you want to study abroad somewhere but you don't know where and you don't know what you want to study is not going to help me help you. Please narrow it down...

–––––
*MOIST?! FLOPPY?!

srah - Monday, 19 January 2004 - 12:15 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Urs - January 19, 2004 - 2:20 PM -

Oh - excellent burn!

(not moist or floppy)

gravatar Urs - January 19, 2004 - 2:23 PM -

I remember crying at my study abroad office when I wanted to do a non-SCSU program for South Africa. I basically got in troble for reqesting specific information

Which makes me think... you job is to help dispense info, not unlike a reference librarian, so difficutl questions should be par for the course. In other words, suck it up and take it, beyatch!

gravatar srah - January 19, 2004 - 2:27 PM -

Yes, but it's not difficult questions... it's that I hate it when people want to be spoon-fed! And that I had a bottle of chocolate milk and a pack of Twizzlers at lunch and I'm on a sugar high and going crazy so people shouldn't mess with me because I'll go all Mary Katherine Gallagher on their asses! Hiiiii-yah!

gravatar Urs - January 19, 2004 - 2:51 PM -

hehe - I always thout it was Mary Catherine

I know too much about the catholic church

And I think you are refering to the Molly Shannon character that is 50 and proud (and can kick! and stretch! and KICK!!!) perhaps

gravatar srah - January 19, 2004 - 3:14 PM -

I think I am referring to all of Molly Shannon's characters, because they all love to kick their feet in the air. YAH!

gravatar Stephen - January 20, 2004 - 6:41 AM -

Tea... Mmmmm.....
I think that I'll head home from school now and have a nice consoling mug of hot tea.

gravatar katie - January 22, 2004 - 10:09 AM -

Moist and floppy. That makes me think of a really old woman with no bra on who is sweating because her air conditioner broke. Perhaps this has something to do with terrible p0rn?

gravatar Erica - January 22, 2004 - 1:27 PM -

"I'm Sally O'Malley, and I'm FIFTY years old. And I KICK and I STRETCH."

Love that.