Classes are over! Go home!

I am wandering around the Undergraduate Library in circles. What are all of these fecking undergraduates doing here? Get out! Get out! And give me your computer!

srah - Thursday, 11 December 2003 - 3:23 PM

gravatar brandhast - December 11, 2003 - 6:08 PM -

The sweet little undergrads are playing poker and solitaire on those computers. I saw this first-hand in Angell Hall yesterday.

gravatar kate - December 11, 2003 - 6:08 PM -

Scary grad student, get out of my library! :)

Well, it's mine for a few more days. We undergrads have things called exams and final projects to study for and complete. Although, I don't know why anyone would want to be down on central. Up North is the place to be!

gravatar katie - December 11, 2003 - 9:23 PM -

Scary students! Graduate and get jobs, like ME!

And srah dear, might I point out that you blogged this from a computer, and therefore there is no need to commandeer one from a student. It's not like you need two...

gravatar srah - December 11, 2003 - 9:32 PM -

I blogged it several years after having the thought. And pre-timestamped it to reflect the time when I was having the thoughts. :D

gravatar Mike - December 12, 2003 - 12:36 AM -

Oh come on, did you not know it was offical campus wide study day? What'd you expect? These people've got to try and make up in one day all the un-studying they've done all semester. :)
You know, speaking of this campus wide study day, it's time I stop reading cool blogs and finish my fiction portfolio.

gravatar eston - December 12, 2003 - 2:30 AM -

Stay in the UGLi srah. I'll be in the Grad Library stacks. :o

gravatar Mer - December 12, 2003 - 9:23 AM -

Omygod. These people stay for 24 whole hours at a stretch. The cleaning staff tell stories about certain smells. They don't shower they're so busily holed up studying.

What I don't like about it is that my bathroom is not my own. I feel very proprietary towards work bathrooms, and with people LIVING in my library (MY library, you see?), they're always in there making pee and poo and other messes, and staring disconsolately into their own, far-too-worried-for-the-shit-that's-actually-probably-going -on-in-their-lives eyes.

gravatar yer501teammate - December 12, 2003 - 11:38 AM -

indeed, I nearly ran into a guy washing his feet in the 5th floor grad library bathroom yesterday.

Theory: if your feet stink so bad that you have to wash them in a library bathroom at 10:30 pm, and you're not homeless, then you should leave the library and go shower.