Previous entry:
« Thanksgiving injury
Next entry:
Dream »

Chicks that I would dig if I were a dude

I re-watched Love Actually today and considered watching The Two Towers extended version (although I don't have the time to commit to more than thinking about it) last night. I've decided that if I were a guy, I think that the kind of girls I would go for would be Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, and Liv Tyler. They have that sort of clear, glowing complexion that I think makes women look particularly beautiful. They must drink a lot of water or be well-lit or something.

What do you find attractive in whichever sex you don't usually look at? Or for that matter, the one you do?

Update: Through long, hard deliberation, Justin and I have decided that my taste in men runs to the skinny and accented. Doesn't it seem like this is something I should have determined before?

srah - Friday, 28 November 2003 - 5:53 PM

gravatar Mr B------ - November 28, 2003 - 6:02 PM -

My guess on Liv Tyler is "well lit," unless she's just normally got the elvish glow going on (and if she does, I'd love to have the skin care product she uses to get it!).

gravatar Urs - November 28, 2003 - 10:52 PM -

Oh my

Back in my bisexual days I totally went for the butch lesbians - not the mullet ones or the trandgender people - it was the ones that looked boyish but still had this hint of femininity. Yeah

gravatar veuve noire - November 28, 2003 - 11:22 PM -

I know what you mean by that "glow. I myself just went to "Love Actually" and was struck by that same epiphany. I mean, Keira Knightley is just so gorgeous... she oozes an attractive aura.

On that same topic, I find Alan Rickman absolutely absorbing. It must be the voice. That voice makes me melt. It's like having deliciously hot water dumped on your head on a frigidly cold day. Molasses in my mouth.

Then again. He is old.

gravatar srah - November 28, 2003 - 11:24 PM -

Alaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

gravatar Matthew the Young - November 29, 2003 - 1:14 AM -

Seems like your taste in women runs similar... (at least with the skinny part, and Keira has an accent, and Liv has the fake elvish one...) ;-)

Hmm, other guys that look really good to me? I'd have to say Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. I'm still trying to find out what part of Tom Cruise's face makes it so attractive... i don't know yet (i'm a face person, btw...) But somehow i think the girls who read this blog don't subscribe to the same stereotypical poster-boys... ;-) Should i say Sean Connery? Girls seem to love him... How about Pierce Brosnan? but as far as 'beautiful' guys, i agree that Orlando Bloom *as Legolas* is high on the list... As far as voices, there are lots of voices that i like... That's one thing i wish i could develop -- a clear strong actor's voice...

gravatar sheri - November 29, 2003 - 2:50 AM -

Katie Holmes. I look for Katie Holmes-esque qualities in any chica I girl-crush on.

Alan Rickman, mmm. His voice alone...mmm!

gravatar srah - November 29, 2003 - 9:31 AM -

I think my taste in women runs less skinny than my taste in men, though. Really skinny women (such as myself) scare me. Slender but healthy-looking is a lot more attractive.

gravatar Steven B. Cherry - November 29, 2003 - 7:48 PM -

Rose McGowan and Aria Giovanni are my votes. wowie wowie wow. I'm sure attitude has something to do with it.

gravatar rockinronnie - November 29, 2003 - 8:58 PM -

either of the three women you mention work for me...I like "pretty".......men??...hmm....have to go with Sean Connery.....the voice and the sense of him always being at ease, sure of himself, confident but not cocky..safe somehow...hmmm...maybe I'd really like him for a father....lol

gravatar Keith - November 30, 2003 - 10:46 AM -

Keira and Natalie are gooooooo..

Not so much on the Liv Tyler. I couldn't get past thinking about Steven the whole time. *shudder*

gravatar Pam - November 30, 2003 - 4:23 PM -

Your taste in women is impeccable. That is exactly who I go for.

gravatar eston - December 1, 2003 - 12:15 AM -

Keira is absolutely beautiful. That is all.

gravatar richard - December 1, 2003 - 7:34 AM -

An attractive guy, in my opinion, should really have a strikingly beautiful face. A good contrast between dark hair and blue eyes is always nice. And the smile has to be genuine.

But he also has to have a good butt. A great looking guy with a bland flat butt is nothing.

gravatar Jez - December 1, 2003 - 10:56 AM -

Whenever a female friend has asked me to introduce her to a suitable...erm...suitor, I've pointed her in the direction of blokes who I though would probably be considered handsome, only to find that said female finds them revolting and ugly as sin.

My taste in ladies? 'Brunette', 'GSOH' + 'can't be taller than me' are the only prerequisites.

I may not be skinny, but I can do a multitude of accents.

gravatar srah - December 1, 2003 - 11:12 AM -

Now I'm curious about these horrible specimens you've dug up. What do you consider handsome?

Jez is totally putting the long-distance moves on me! Sweeeeee.

gravatar Jez - December 1, 2003 - 11:39 AM -

Well, I was kind of guessing at what a woman might consider handsome. I picked 'em out almost at random, actually.

;)

gravatar Laura - December 1, 2003 - 9:14 PM -

Guys: tall, rangy, brooding, Nicholas Cage-y...yow.
Women: Theda Bara and all the other wonderfully histrionic and sultry 1920s vamps