Next entry:
Nor to beg »

Ain't too stressed to blog, sweet darlin'

Have you ever wanted to kill people on the street because they're so happy and you have so much work to do? Have you ever wanted to kill people on the bus because they have seats and you have so much work to do?

All of a sudden am stressed beyond my imagination. Am too stressed to cry, because tears would blur my vision and impede my productivity. Am too stressed to take the time out to make myself a tinfoil hat and go crazy in a proper tinfoil-hat fashion.

Am apparently not too stressed to blog. Am never too stressed to blog, because blog is outlet for stress.

Why am I so emotionally unstable this semester? I used to float along on a plateau and am now all manic-depressive ALL the time. Should I be seeking help?

srah - Thursday, 20 November 2003 - 6:09 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Keith - November 20, 2003 - 6:43 PM -

I for one am pretty sure I go through seasonal depression. Whenever it gets cold out and the sun goes away, I always get really depressed.

Michigan sucks.

gravatar Kyle - November 20, 2003 - 7:35 PM -

Don't seek help, seek drugs. But only the good ones.

gravatar Mr. B--------- - November 20, 2003 - 9:42 PM -

I think 501/682/504 just kills everybody involved. You can make it. Just think of Return of the King.

gravatar Justin - November 20, 2003 - 11:07 PM -

Be thankful that you don't have a job where, as Christmas gets closer, you get to look forward to getting yelled at even MORE by people who are even MORE pissed off at you for something that isn't your fault but is, more than likely, a result of their own stupidity.

That said, I love my job.

gravatar cromley - November 21, 2003 - 12:05 AM -

Don't worry, just sounds like grad school to me. Just remember that the semester will end one way or the other at some point! You just have to outlast it, then sleep your whole break.

gravatar Spike - November 21, 2003 - 7:35 AM -

Black November: only February is worse for depression.

gravatar Amy - November 21, 2003 - 7:55 AM -

Welcome to graduate school - I have two co-workers who are both in grad school - they are both walking around with what is commonly recognized as the "graduate-school fog." Bags under their eyes, large cup of coffee or coca-cola, that glazed look that only comes from over-loading your brain while not getting enough sleep for a month straight. Enjoy!!

I try not to dance around in joy for no longer being a member of that club while caressing my hard-earned diploma - it causes them to want to hit me.

gravatar katie - November 21, 2003 - 8:19 AM -

The amazing thing about school is that, at the end of the semester, you never have to do that particular stuff again. (Unless you fail.) But if you don't fail, then it's gone, over, past. Never to be repeated. Yay! It's way better than if it were to haunt you for years and years, with work left to do on it.

gravatar jday - November 21, 2003 - 9:39 AM -

If you *do* decide to go the drug route, I could reccommend a few- prescription needed, of course! :o) Honestly, though, Seasonal Affective Disorder (haha, the acronym is SAD!) affects quite a few people who never seek professional help. I don't think you are bi-polar. You are too well adjusted! But what do I know? I just make the drugs, not prescribe them!

gravatar katie - November 21, 2003 - 9:56 AM -

I think you are actually a serial killer to be, just waiting for the moment when you explode and kill thousands of harmless books and computers.