Good morning, starshine

The Earth says hello!

What is the sun doing, being up so early? I actually woke up when my alarm went off this morning, rather than my usual routine habit, which is being in a semi-asleep hypnotic trance for half an hour before my dad knocks on the door (my back-up alarm) and I have to drag myself out of bed. I, of course, still lay in bed for that half an hour, but it was somehow more enjoyable when I could actually consciously listen to The Neil on my CD alarm clock and appreciate my half an hour of warm, snuggly bedtime.

srah - Monday, 27 October 2003 - 7:41 AM

gravatar Jimmy O'Reilly - October 27, 2003 - 11:48 AM -

I had the same experience, but slightly different. My work doesn't start until 10 am on Mondays, instead of the normal 9 am, so I got up at the normal time and actually enjoyed a nice, quiet morning with the cats. Maybe there's something to this whole morning-person thing. Or maybe 501 has finally driven me banana-crackers.

gravatar srah - October 27, 2003 - 12:21 PM -

By December, it will be dark again and we will never want to leave our houseses.

Es.

gravatar katie - October 27, 2003 - 2:00 PM -

And I, of course, chose today to start my "get up at the crack of dawn and do Taekwon-do and try not to break any lamps" routine at 5:30. Yippee.

gravatar Jez - October 27, 2003 - 2:27 PM -

The way you wrote this makes it sound like you got up really late, whereas this post was made at 7.41am, which I consider to be an unGodly hour when you shgould really still be in bed, fast asleep.

gravatar srah - October 27, 2003 - 2:33 PM -

At the time I wrote this, I had already been awake for over an hour.

I got up the same time as usual, but it was brighter out because we just changed off of Daylight Savings Time.

gravatar EV - October 27, 2003 - 6:58 PM -

It might be nice and sunshiney in the morning, but it is suck-assickly dark at 4:30. Ugh.

gravatar srah - October 27, 2003 - 7:01 PM -

That's the most beautiful word I've heard today.