Previous entry:
« Help Me!

TGI-- what do you mean, it's only Thursday?!

No blogging today. Srah is very tired. Graduate school involves much work and srah needs to re-learn how to read.

Is it May 2005 yet?

srah - Thursday, 11 September 2003 - 11:09 PM

gravatar tbone (aka polly) - September 12, 2003 - 12:00 AM -

Well Sarah, I have been perusing your lovely website (I also added it to my list of user interfaces--number 51). I am also going to add "talk like a pirate web site". I took the piratey quiz and here's what it had to say: You are The Cap'n!

Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any man that stands between them and the mantle of power. You never met a man you couldn't eviscerate. Not that mindless violence is the only avenue open to you - but why take an avenue when you have complete freeway access? You are the definitive Man of Action. You are James Bond in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. Your swash was buckled long ago and you have never been so sure of anything in your life as in your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off their head if they show any sign of taking you on or backing down. You cannot be saddled with tedious underlings, but if one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not.

What's Yer Inner Pirate?
brought to you by The Official Talk Like A Pirate Web Site. Arrrrr!

gravatar srah - September 12, 2003 - 6:56 AM -

Oh no, Polly's here! Now we're never going to have any fun ever again. I might as well shut this down right now.

gravatar katie - September 12, 2003 - 8:42 AM -

I like the extrememly complex and not at all obvious #1 chapter on how to get something out of a book at U-M: Read the Whole Book.

Ingenius!

gravatar t-bone - September 12, 2003 - 11:19 AM -

Well Sarah,
I think you are just jealous because I'm the Cap'n and you are probably just a mere cabin boy.
Furthermore, I think you are probably upset that your website was not in my "top ten" user interfaces. In fact, if I can come up with 200 more, I will be sure to move yours to dead last.

gravatar srah - September 12, 2003 - 12:16 PM -

Polly is my True Love.

gravatar srah - September 12, 2003 - 12:43 PM -

Why are you t-bone? Would you like me to call you that in real life? Or just when I talk about you all the time in my blog?

gravatar t-bone - September 12, 2003 - 1:20 PM -

T-bone was a little nickname I gave myself. I got it from the Seinfeld where George wants to be called T-bone, but instead gets called Koko the monkey.

I mostly like the irony (i guess you would call it) of then nickname because I am a vegetarian. Also, it makes me seem hard.

gravatar srah - September 12, 2003 - 1:21 PM -

That's a great story, Koko.

gravatar Cheryl - September 15, 2003 - 1:07 PM -

I don't think people can give themselves nicknames like that. Sorry. :). I was sitting with some friends one day and Al said "What if you guys started calling me A-bomb." We all laughed at him.