Pok pok pok

I am such a chicken. Movies like What Lies Beneath and Signs scare me out of my wits. They make me so scared that I curl up into a ball and cover my eyes or clutch onto my fellow moviegoers, hoping that they're whoever I came in with and not the stranger on the other side. To some extent, though, these movies are supposed to scare you.

I, on the other hand, have just been freaked out of my mind by The Life of David Gale. The movie is not at all a horror or suspense movie. Robin and I speculated throughout the whole movie but had it figured out by the end. I still covered my eyes and curled up in a ball and had to watch some Trading Spaces before I could leave her house. Once I left, it was with my car keys in my hand, I locked the door as soon as I got in, and I ran from the car into my house. Even safely inside my house, I got scared by shadows. Now I'm barricaded in my room with all of the lights on and will remain that way until I've gotten over it.

I can't explain it. There's really nothing in the movie that should make me feel in danger. But I have to finish typing this because I have my back to the window and that's freaking me out.

G-g-g-g-good night.

srah - Monday, 8 September 2003 - 12:13 AM

gravatar Jez - September 8, 2003 - 4:13 AM -

It's the psychological thrillers that get your nerves on end. Gory, schlock-horror films just make me laugh.

Hope the monster in the closet didn't get you while you were sleeping.

gravatar Mr. Hibbity Gibbity - September 8, 2003 - 7:04 AM -

Having never actually seen the movie, besides bits and pieces, what was you conclusion on the ending?

Because it seems to me that, from what I saw, the ending was left open to interpretation.

Was he the cameraman? Or did he just happen to come in after the crime had been committed?

gravatar srah - September 8, 2003 - 8:14 AM -

Dude, Mr HibGib... there are people who haven't seen it yet!

.(eno elbirroh tuo nward ,gnol a tub) edicius a ekil s'tI .rytram a evah yllanif dluow esuac eht dna (?llew fo tros) llew mih rebmemer dlouow nos sih yaw siht dna rof evil ot tfel gnihton dah eh thguoht eH .putes a lla saw ti kniht I .namaremac eht saw eh kniht I

gravatar Mr. Hibbity Gibbity - September 8, 2003 - 9:23 AM -

Oh please!

If you haven't seen it, you're not going to see it!

Sheesh!

Thank you for giving my 'backwards' reading a workout today. Whew! I'm all cross-eyed now.

Also, I see that you found me over at my little neck of the woods. Congrads! Or should I say, touche! (Is that how you spell that?)

gravatar srah - September 8, 2003 - 9:32 AM -

I saw it, and I hadn't seen it!

CongraTs/touch.

I had been there before when you were linking gnome stories.

gravatar Mr. Hibbity Gibbity - September 8, 2003 - 9:33 AM -

mmmmmmm, gnomes . . . . gnome goodness.

gravatar katie - September 8, 2003 - 9:46 AM -

I haven't seen it, but I might still see it. Who knows what the future has in store?

gravatar Daria - September 8, 2003 - 9:49 AM -

I can't watch gory horror movies but I read Stephen King books incessantly.

As for David Gale, I watched it last weekend and I, too, had figured it out before the end. You know how the governor was like "Show me one innocent person...?" Well, none of them turned out to be innocent now, did they?

gravatar Cheryl - September 8, 2003 - 1:21 PM -

I psych myself out for movies all the time. Sarah, if you want a thriller, watch The Ring.

gravatar srah - September 8, 2003 - 1:23 PM -

I don't. I didn't know this was going to scare me. I thought it was going to be preachy or enlightening. I still don't understand why it scared me.

gravatar cristina - September 8, 2003 - 1:52 PM -

i saw it a couple of weeks ago, and because i grew up in texas, i can assure everyone here that that is EXACTLY how texas is. i wish to also add that i love this gun-totin', innocent-executin', and occasionally drunken state of mine.

ok, seriously though, it was a good movie. :)

gravatar lance - January 7, 2004 - 4:31 AM -