Previous entry:
« LCD screening

Be Vewy Vewy Afwaid

For those of you who don't know me, I have three fears. I'm afraid of:
1) Aliens
2) Religious Phenomena (ie miracles, seeing Jesus in your oatmeal)
3) Wal-Mart

I am clowly getting over my fear of Wal-Mart. I've never been against the idea of Wal-Mart. I'm more afraid of the people that frequent Wal-Mart. I think, however, I was initially exposed to a bad example. The WM I grew up with is located in Ypsilanti, MI. I am afraid of the parking lot; people drive around like crazies. And then you get inside, after narrowly escaping that SUV coming at you in the wrong lane at 50 mph and you think you're safe, right? Wrong. It's exactly the same inside as it is outside, only now the people have carts. Carts are much more mobile than cars and, since there are many more aisles, they're coming at you from every direction. Things are thrown on the floor, on the checkout lanes, at you. It's the scariest thing ever (besides aliens and religious phenom, of course)! Seriously, avoid it at all costs. But now I have two WMs here and one of them is quite and calm in comparison, and very easy to get to (the other is much more difficult to even find. You can see it from the highway, but can't actually get to it, plus I have to drive much further down Ohio roads). So hopefully I can overcome my fear and shop their deals.

cheryl - Thursday, 11 September 2003 - 12:38 PM

gravatar richard - September 11, 2003 - 12:55 PM -

Sarah's Biggest fear:

Seeing a silhoutte of Jesus in the crumpled up alien t-shirt on the floor of the Wallmart

gravatar katie - September 11, 2003 - 1:17 PM -

No, that would be Cheryl's biggest fear.

This post is ironic, since I have planned to stop by Walmart on my way home tonight. It's the checkout lanes that I hate. There's 50 of them there, but only 2 open at any given time. And 600 people in line. And every one of those people has two screaming children and an oversized item in their cart somewhere.

gravatar richard - September 11, 2003 - 6:17 PM -

oops,
guest blogging makes me actually have to READ who posts?
who wants to work that hard?

gravatar cristina - September 12, 2003 - 3:43 AM -

you shouldn't go to wal-mart anyway. they use sweatshops. won't someone think of the children?!

gravatar Mer - September 12, 2003 - 8:56 AM -

And they won't pay their workers for mandatory overtime. Doubly-bad to go to Wal-mart.

Not that this stops me from going to Sam's Club (owned by the same guy), because I MUST buy in bulk. MUST.