Next entry:
Intro to SI »

Deobfuscating the blog game

It is time for the answers to be revealed. At last you will know the truth! And the lie! You won't care, but you will know! And knowing is half the battle. Shut up, srah, and just tell them the answers already.

Most people recognized that story #2 (College Jeopardy) was true. That's because this story sucked. I do appreciate that you were so willing to believe that I couldn't come up with anything interesting to say about myself, though. I'm going to go cry in a corner, even though it is true. The other 'story' I came up with was about how we used to eat a lot of cheese in high school, so I guess you can feel blessed that I didn't make you read that one. It was really crap, as opposed to this one, which I consider only mostly crap. Yawn.

Although a popular choice, story #3 (the p0rn theatre) is true. They do have p0rn theatres in France and this one was right on the corner with a real cinema down the alleyway. Going to this one didn't have anything to do with my French skills, so much as my lack of observational skills. The big red X, as I said, should have given it away. But hey, we were looking for a theatre and we found one! I was surprised to search my archives and discover that I hadn't told that story.

Story #1 (the trip to England), therefore, is... not entirely true. This is why I said you were going to hate me when I told you the answer. Everything in the story is true except one detail: I danced on the high altar at Winchester Cathedral and not Salisbury. Sneaky wench.

Correct guessers: Kim, Dae, Jez, Patricia, otto, granni39, Jen, gish, windy and Heather.

Thanks for guessing! I look forward to doing it again sometime.

srah - Monday, 25 August 2003 - 7:01 AM
Tags: , , , , ,

gravatar otto - August 25, 2003 - 7:30 AM -

Ah hah! I believe I was right; but just a lucky guess! I don't think any of your stories were boring or crap! I will be revealing the truth on my blog later this afternoon! Have a great day; this was sure a lot of fun!

gravatar patricia - August 25, 2003 - 7:45 AM -

ditto what otto said. i thought all the stories were fun.

i just want to go on record here as saying, I totally rock!! woohoo. takes a good liar to know a good liar I guess. or something like that.

gravatar granni39 - August 25, 2003 - 10:12 AM -

Grannis can always tell! ...and yes, it takes a liar to know one! You can see which of my stories was a lie... i've told the truth this time... or have i? ;-)

gravatar Ivette01 - August 25, 2003 - 10:54 AM -

I would have never guessed! Great stories! :)

gravatar Jez - August 25, 2003 - 3:47 PM -

Yay! I win again! My reasoning may be wrong, I don't know, but I dicounted the first story because I don't know if children who have only just turned two years old can speak like you claimed you did. Mind you, I know nothing about kids.

gravatar srah - August 25, 2003 - 9:43 PM -

It's called the Terrible Twos because you can't shut the little monsters up.

gravatar Mommy - August 25, 2003 - 10:57 PM -

Sarah started talking very, very early. By the time she was two she was speaking in complete sentences and able to express complicated thoughts. She spent part of the time in England arguing with Bill's uncle about the color of his car. He said it was red and she said it was brown. It once was red, but it had rusted to a lovely shade of brown. She was also fascinated with the whole idea of getting married. Within a few months she had proposed to her little friend in my Mothers' group. Later he wanted to be a free boy and the enagement was broken.

gravatar srah - August 25, 2003 - 11:23 PM -

That's why we have mommies around - to bring up embarassing stories from our past. Not that we aren't perfectly able to do that ourselves.