Tiptoe 'cross the Diag

I have a new project where I have to go to Central Campus every afternoon for the rest of the summer. Maybe you can't sense, in reading this, the great levels of joy this brings me. I understand completely, as it can sometimes be hard to pick up on negative joy.

As I crossed the Diag, I suddenly had flashbacks to every time I had jumped up and down on the block M. If you are not aware, there is a superstition that a U-M student who steps on the block M in the pavement on the Diag will fail his/her first exam. For six or seven years now, I've been stomping on the M when I pass it, triumphantly proclaiming my immunity because I was not a U-M student. For years before that, there was just the stomping, without the triumphant proclamations.

Now I am suddenly concerned... are those stomps cumulative?

srah - Monday, 23 June 2003 - 4:25 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar kate - June 24, 2003 - 10:03 AM -

hey, don't worry. i can tell you after spending nights sitting on that M and probably walking across it without thinking a good many times... i haven't failed any exams. Oh, and they actually say your first blue book exam. I didn't fail mine. So you will just have to be extra smart and try studying for exams you have - then all will be well. :)

gravatar katie - June 24, 2003 - 11:37 AM -

I will ask my alum father what he thinks.

gravatar Mer - June 24, 2003 - 4:51 PM -

Yep, it's the first blue book exam. They probably don't even have those in SI.

gravatar srah - June 25, 2003 - 7:23 AM -

We probably take all of our exams online. I don't think they believe in paper in SI.

gravatar Mer - June 25, 2003 - 8:42 AM -

No, but they do believe in (pauses for effect)
Group Projects.

Which is an integral reason for why I'm going to Wayne State. I'm old. I have four cats and a step-kid. I have a job that starts at 8AM. I can't stay up until 2AM trying to whip my Group into a Project.

gravatar srah - June 25, 2003 - 9:32 AM -

Eek. I don't think I've done a group project since high school.

gravatar krista. - June 25, 2003 - 12:35 PM -

There's got to be some kind of statute of limitations on those stomps, and then you have to wonder too if maybe that rule only applies to undergrads. Rules like that are meant to scare the young'uns, and you don't exactly fit into the 'typical freshman' category anymore. Hmm.