Next entry:
Dream »

superstitious?

I feel it is my duty to point out to everyone that today is Friday the 13th.

So far, the evil demons have succesfully terrorized me twice. First, they made me spill coffee grounds all over my clean kitchen. Second, they made me 20 minutes late for work because of a traffic detour, causing me to drive all over high heaven to find a parking space that was still a million miles away from the office.

Don't walk under any ladders today!

katie - Friday, 13 June 2003 - 8:50 AM

gravatar alfie - June 13, 2003 - 3:13 PM -

I was sitting at an intersection today, in the furthest right lane, preparing to go through the intersection when the light turned green so that I could continue my drive to the gas station. This woman pulls her car up in the right-most left turn lane, then proceeds to pull across two lanes of traffic so that she is in front of me (I was the first car in the lane.), so that she can make a freaking right turn. There was a clear NO TURN ON RED SIGN, but apparently that doesn't count if you're turning right from the left turn lane. ARGH!

gravatar srah - June 13, 2003 - 3:46 PM -

I was downtown today behind some people from OHIO. First the guy wanted to turn left onto a one-way street but eventually realized he couldn't do that. So he tried to turn left at the next street, made it out into the intersection, then the light turned red, and he just SAT THERE while the traffic from the other direction wanted to go. Then when our light turned green again, he pulled out into the intersection and WAITED UNTIL THE LIGHT TURNED RED to turn, even though he had chances to go.

gravatar katie - June 13, 2003 - 3:49 PM -

Were this comment a post on my blog, I would file it under my favorite category: "people are stupid".

gravatar srah - June 13, 2003 - 3:53 PM -

I can't wait to see your categories!

gravatar katie - June 13, 2003 - 3:55 PM -

Most of them aren't quite as interesting as that one. I am, however, working on one that I call "katie selects", patterned after the "Lucas Selects" photos at StarWars.com. It will include those posts which are my absolute favorites.

gravatar srah - June 13, 2003 - 4:36 PM -

I have one of those too, but there's nothing in it yet, so it doesn't show up. It is very creatively called "my favorite posts". Any nominations for favorite posts?

gravatar katie - June 13, 2003 - 4:41 PM -

Hmmm... I'll keep it in mind when reading voraciously through your archives.

As you actually fill them with posts. :)