Delusions of grandeur... are fun!

What if life was like King Ralph and the entire British royal family was wiped out in a freak electrocution accident and I had to step in and become Queen of England? Yeah, you wouldn't talk so big now, would ya? Huh? To the Queen of England? Not so high and mighty now?

Being realistic, I think they'd just throw out the monarchy altogether if that happened, and that anyway, it would be difficult for enough people to die for me to be next in line. But I like to dream. Hmm hmmm hmmm diddly dum. I can't heeeear you.

srah - Wednesday, 11 June 2003 - 4:41 PM

gravatar alfie - June 11, 2003 - 4:57 PM -

Heather wants to marry Prince William and have him abdicate so that he can come be First Gentleman when she is elected President. We agreed that I could have Harry.

gravatar Jez - June 11, 2003 - 5:16 PM -

I vote for abdication and conversion to a republic. Other than being an attraction for tourist money, it's hard to see the point in the bunch of talentless, irrelevent, inbred non-entities we call the Royal family.

gravatar katie - June 11, 2003 - 5:48 PM -

I'd rather be the Queen of France so I could live in Versailles, or move back into the Louvre and knock down that stupid pyramid.

Also, I would consolidate Britain and France into one country and exile all the French, since I love France, but I can't stand the French people, and I love Britain, and tend to really like British people.

gravatar Jez - June 11, 2003 - 6:42 PM -

Trouble is though, the French would guillotine you for being a royal before you had time to exile them.

I'm rather fond of the pyramid. I think they should knock down the absurd Pompidou Centre though. It looks like somebody has plonked a bloody great big Lego brick in the middle of the city, mocking the beautiful Haussmanian buildings.

gravatar katie - June 11, 2003 - 7:18 PM -

lol...

That's why I would bring the British over first - so they could assist me in the exiling of the French.

But then comes the problem with where to send the French... Why not here to the US, where they would be happily accepted, with open arms! (Can you hear the sarcasm there? What a dumb country I live in.)

gravatar srah - June 12, 2003 - 7:52 AM -

Awwwwww... the poor French! I'll take them if you don't want them. I like the pyramid too.

gravatar katie - June 12, 2003 - 8:22 AM -

To clarify: I like the pyramid too - it's cool. I just don't like where they put it - it ruins the veiw of the courtyard.

gravatar katie - June 12, 2003 - 8:24 AM -

Also to clarify: I don't dislike all French people. In fact, I know quite a few that I like very much. :) I guess they can stay.