Previous entry:
« The World's Address

The great mofo delurk

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007So, who's lurking out there without commenting? Today - according to Schmutzie and friends - is the day to comment on everything that you read! Come out of hiding and tell us something about yourself. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream or soup or ice cream-soup? What are you doing this weekend? What do you want to be when you grow up? How long have you been lurking here? What would you like me to blog about? Do you watch Heroes? What is up with that show? Will anyone admit to watching Cavemen last night? How bad was it? Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moon light? Who is Keyser Soze? If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador? What is your favorite song? What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favorite color? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Etc.

srah - Wednesday, 3 October 2007 - 6:54 AM
Tags: , ,

gravatar Brian - October 3, 2007 - 8:04 AM -

Amazingly enough, this post finds me in the early AM of my day without Facebook. Since 95% of the work I do is in Facebook, I just needed a break from the thing. The idea of posting blog comments is pretty intense -- party like it's 2002!

gravatar Cheryl - October 3, 2007 - 8:20 AM -

I was going to answer EVERY ONE of those questions, but, man, are there a lot. So I will answer one. No.

You figure it out.

gravatar diz - October 3, 2007 - 8:42 AM -

I pick today to delurk and all these questions? Ok. I'll give it a go...

Anything chocolatey. Seeing Deborah Gibson in concert in NYC. I don't really want to grow up, but I want to be independently wealthy. I've been lurking here since I was known as someone else! S'mores is always a good topic. No. I don't know. Aw, hell no! I can't imagine it was good. The devil would kill me when I stepped on his toes. No clue. Que? At the moment: "Landslide". My name is Diz, at least for all intents and purposes. My quest is to map out a novel before November 1 so NaNo is easier this time around. Black. 42.

Happy Delurk! ;)

gravatar srah - October 3, 2007 - 9:04 AM -

• Party like it's 2002... or like we just haven't caught up with 2002 yet. I'm always surprised by the range of Internet know-how that I run into down here. It's something I usually take for granted because most of my friends are into Internet stuff or have Information degrees or something. Down here it always seems like "I've just heard of this new thing! It's called a BLOG! It will change the world!" I may just be hanging out with the wrong people. :)
  • So... Cheryl's name is No? Dr No?
  • Wow! I didn't actually expect anyone to answer all of those questions. Good job, diz! (Now I just have to figure out who you used to be!)

gravatar John - October 3, 2007 - 10:08 AM -

Mint chocolate chip; work, church, apple picking; what I am; four years; whatever you choose; no; no idea; I won't 'cause I didn't; couldn't say; not as such; Kevin Spacey; down in the hold with a stubby 'droid; "The Angel Cried" by Dmitry Bortniansky; John; to seek the Holy Grail; green; African or European?

gravatar John - October 3, 2007 - 10:08 AM -

gravatar tiff - October 3, 2007 - 10:33 AM -

delurking makes me so nervous, like coming outside naked.

yea, what is up with Heroes? I realize we are going to take awhile to get into action-mode, but seriously? get me away from 1671 before I break something.

also I'm going to see Kings of Leon tomorrow. Highlight of my month, so far, by far!

gravatar Drogulus - October 3, 2007 - 11:28 AM -

You remind me of Squeaky Frome a bit.

gravatar srah - October 3, 2007 - 12:08 PM -

Welcome, welcome, delurkers! Come on out of the woodwork.

John - Mint chocolate chip is GREAT! This Turkey Hill stuff is a pretty good brand of it too (even though I only chose it because it was "Philadelphia Style" and cheap), but it isn't very green. I'm not sure it's green at all. If it is, it's very pale. That's sort of unusual for MCC. I saw some really bright green MCC ice cream this weekend.

Tiff - I've actually only seen three episodes. I watched one last season where I went, "WTF? I don't understand anything that's happening on this show. You can't make me watch this." Then I watched the second season premiere with my sister and went, "Who's that guy? What's his magical power? Isn't this just like The X-Men? Can I call this The X-Men? Now how about that guy? Who's he? What's his magical power? Now who's the first guy again? Is that the cheerleader? Why isn't she cheerleading? Why did they have to save her?" Then I watched by myself this week and understood a little bit. Sort of. I read online that the theme of the first season was "ordinary people doing extraordinary things" and that the second season (or at least the beginning of it) is "extraordinary people doing ordinary things."

Drogulus - Is that because of my obsession with Gerald Ford? Because I am not even the most obsessed person in my family.

gravatar Dave - October 3, 2007 - 12:48 PM -

I still have my 2005 NaNovel sitting around. In the words of Donald Sutherland, "It's a piece of shit."

gravatar Lori - October 3, 2007 - 1:25 PM -

pecans, pralines & cream (ice cream, not soup); sleeping; not sure yet. although I'm beginning to suspect it involves being overeducated and underpaid; 4(ish) years; how's the arabic-learning going?; yes; awesomeness??really I have no idea; no. wait- I didn't actually watch it, so i don't really know how to answer this question. really, i didn't.; awful, I'm told;I'll never tell;no idea;in the basement.(do ships have basements?); right now, "Charmer," by KoL; Lori; to vacation as cheaply as possible; cerulean; unladen? for some reason that word makes me giggle.

gravatar Drogulus - October 3, 2007 - 2:09 PM -

There's some resemblance between you and squeaky... But she looks like she's done WAAAAY more drugs. See?

gravatar amber - October 3, 2007 - 3:39 PM -

Hmmm... Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.

gravatar trevor - October 3, 2007 - 3:40 PM -

Mint Chocolate Chip, really; going to Orlando (ACM SIGUCCS conference); mandolinist; year and a half; no preferences; Don't have a television for the next 4 questions; I don't think that was the devil; an obscure chess player from Estonia; maybe that was the ambassador in the pale moon light; "The Mystery at Ogwen's Farm" by Jane Siberry (it has been in my head since 1992); Trevor; to read the Harry Potter series in Arabic; red-orange; need more information...

gravatar srah - October 3, 2007 - 5:13 PM -

Drogulus - Oh god! I AM Squeaky Fromme!

Trevor - Mint chocolate chip is certainly a popular flavor today. Harry Potter in Arabic! What a fun challenge. I may adopt your quest. It will take me a couple of years to get to that level, though.

Dave - Is fan fiction excluded from NaNoWriMo? Because (I don't like to admit this) the only story floating around in my head right now is about Molly Weasley. *hides*

Lori - Looks like it's time for another Arabic update. Had a terrible quiz today, but it was only terrible because I didn't study. This week has been too crazy at work, and Arabic has taken a back seat to sleeping (and watching Beauty and the Geek, Heroes and House, but don't tell my professor about those. Sleeping and work are my real excuses). Blogging in Arabic is really hard, but I love seeing the letters all written out on the screen. So I'll have to do it again soon.

Amber - I've actually never tasted that one! And now I am off to read your blog!

gravatar JoshC - October 3, 2007 - 10:00 PM -

Seems like this would be a good time for my every-two-years comment here.

Sadly, I have no interesting answers for your questions. See also: why my blog lies sadly abandoned.

gravatar Craig - October 4, 2007 - 10:14 AM -

I know I'm not needing to delurk, but really, I'm very upset that no one answered with "Blue...no, Yellooooooooooooooooooow!"

gravatar Maine - October 4, 2007 - 11:22 AM -

Does it count as lurking if you've been reading for... years, only commenting occasionally and eerily standing in the shadows with a dark trenchcoat on while some narrator mumbles "And there he waited..."?

gravatar srah - October 4, 2007 - 1:11 PM -

Yes. Very much so.

gravatar srah - October 4, 2007 - 1:27 PM -

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for delurking, everyone!

Feedburner seems to think that I have 124 readers subscribed to my RSS feeds, and that doesn't count people who come here manually. So where are you all? You are probably just bots. :(

gravatar Elisabeth - October 5, 2007 - 1:10 AM -

I loved Jerry Seinfeld on 30 Rock.

gravatar palinode - October 5, 2007 - 2:18 AM -

Soba noodles!

gravatar srah - October 5, 2007 - 8:32 AM -

I haven't watched 30 Rock yet! When it came down to choosing between 30 Rock and Ugly Betty, I decided to watch the hour-long one and save the half-hour one for later, because I can probably fit that one into my lunch hour today. Can't wait!

I'm not sure that I've ever had soba noodles. When I see pictures, I imagine them as being delicious, but I think that might be entirely in my imagination and not based on any previous experience with soba noodles. I want some now, though.

gravatar Elisabeth - October 6, 2007 - 2:58 AM -

How come we never discussed, that among our many common loves, we are both Gerald Ford fans?

gravatar srah - October 6, 2007 - 9:30 AM -

It's amazing that Gerald Ford doesn't come up in conversation more often! Actually, I think we just haven't been reading each others' blogs long enough.

gravatar Delton - October 10, 2007 - 10:56 AM -

Ok, technically I'm way late on the delurking thing, but I figured I still should come out of hiding and say hi. I've been reading for a month or so, but thinking back, I have no idea how I found your blog.

My favorite question above was the Batman reference. I've got the Prince soundtrack from the movie, which features that line quite prominently, and I just love the way Jack delivers that line. Now, to actually answer a couple of your questions, purple is my favorite color, and 42. No, wait, wrong reference...sorry!

Anyway, now that I've delurked, I'll try to join the comment conversations in the future.

gravatar srah - October 10, 2007 - 5:46 PM -

Welcome, thanks for reading and come back soon! Don't fear the reaper me the other commenters!

gravatar Neil - October 10, 2007 - 8:24 PM -

My favorite ice cream is vanilla. I know that is lame, and this is the first time I am saying this in public, so thank you!

gravatar sojoyful - October 23, 2007 - 11:02 PM -

Happy several weeks later!

I'm a terrifically overwhelmed first-year K-5 school library media specialist putting in 12-hour weekdays and 8-hour weekenddays while still trying to find time to unpack after moving from the exciting and interesting metropolis to the peaceful but socially dead sticks while also learning to tap dance and preparing to take additional coursework in education on top of house- and puppy-sitting for a mother who is away for 6 weeks with her sister who has cancer. I'm also a deliquent blogger and commenter. So sue me. :P

gravatar srah - October 23, 2007 - 11:03 PM -

12-hour days? And working on the weekend too? Aren't you in some sort of union???