Your mom goes to war college

My weekend will be devoted to:

1. Claiming I am going to clean the apartment then not doing so (my usual weekend charade)
  2. walking out in the nice sunshine and lovely 50° weather
  3. baking something delicious
  4. watching the first season of Battlestar Galactica, which I just got at the library this week

My guess is that #4 will eclipse all of my other noble aims.

Whatchoo doin' this weekend, o readers?

srah - Friday, 9 March 2007 - 12:27 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar krista. - March 9, 2007 - 2:33 PM -

I think that BSG is probably something I should get into, but I'm so engrossed in reliving my Trek-love right now, that it's not going to happen for a while. I feel a little out of the sci-fi loop though. Sigh.

This weekend, we're cleaning like fiends, going to a friend's book reading thing at a bookstore in the Gayborhood, and Sarah's gettin' a new tattoo. Woot!

gravatar Craig - March 9, 2007 - 3:59 PM -

1, 3 and 4 sound like things I would do. Well, except it would be season 3 of BSG off my PC's hard drive, but close enough.

#2 though...walking? Sunlight? Oh, that's just crazy talk.

Oh, and I'd also have to add a 5. Eat delicious baked thing, because if you don't eat it what's the point of baking it?

gravatar srah - March 9, 2007 - 4:44 PM -

krista: I never thought I would be spending a weekend watching BSG, but it's the only TV show apete watches, so I thought it would be nice to learn more about it. I'll probably come to enjoy it, no matter how confused I was when I started watching.

Craig: Oops. I guess I took the eating for granted.

gravatar srah - March 12, 2007 - 11:40 AM -

Follow-up on the weekend:

1) Cleaning not accomplished (as expected)
2) Tried to go for a long walk in the woods at the state park, got scared of mud and wild animals and went home.
3) Yum! Chocolate chip cookies with an added 1/2tsp of almond extract (because I can't ever make anything EXACTLY as the directions tell me to) and a little bit more salt than the recipe called for, because I like salty chocolate chip cookies. I can't stop eating them. I ate, like, 10 yesterday and almost made myself sick from all the sugar.
4) I'm on disc 4 of 5, and I'm now 16th in line for Season 2 at the library.

gravatar Allison - March 12, 2007 - 9:54 PM -

*Almost* sick from too much sugar...

gravatar srah - March 12, 2007 - 9:57 PM -

Well, I was sickish, but I did not pass out or throw up so I figure I got off easy!