Guess whose sad, pathetic self will need a visit from the Social Bunny?

Merry Christmas, Internet. Long time no see.

I got The Sims 2 for Christmas. Isidore has been otherwise occupied and not able to play with you folks. We'll be back... eventually.

srah - Monday, 27 December 2004 - 9:28 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Noor - December 27, 2004 - 2:40 PM -

How does it compare to the first? I've resisted temptation to buy it because I know that I probably won't get anything done with it around. In fact, I eBayed all of my Sims expansion packs and the first Sims right before I came to grad school.

gravatar srah - December 27, 2004 - 7:03 PM -

There are aspects of the first that I like better (simplicity) but there are all kinds of fascinating new things in Sims 2. I can kind of see myself getting sick of Sims 2 faster than Sims 1... but the first expansion pack comes out in March!

gravatar mday - December 28, 2004 - 7:44 AM -

I had heard it was more addictive than the first one. They said they took out some of the mundane stuff and tried to add more direction to it. Were they successful, or is it now excessively complicated?

gravatar srah - December 28, 2004 - 10:19 AM -

Well, it seems to be plenty addictive so far! The whole idea of Sims aging makes it kind of addictive because you have to keep playing with ALL of the families or people's boyfriends and girlfriends will move into the next maturity category and leave them behind!

gravatar Noor - December 28, 2004 - 5:09 PM -

I could see that as being pretty addictive for me. With the first Sims, you got to a point where their skills were so maxed out that it really wasn't all that challenging to get them to switch to different jobs and move up the career ladder.

Do they still have an information professional?

gravatar katie - December 29, 2004 - 9:34 AM -

Srah! You should have waited. I am almost getting sick of mine (as you mentioned it might be possible to do). I was theeeees close to sending it to you for Christmas. Ah well.

After you play it enough, you realize it's all just the same. However, it's something to do if you need some lovin'...