Previous entry:
« Workin' for the Man

'T'es pour Bush, toi? Non, c'est un gros connard, lui!'

November is setting itself up to be quite a month of negativity as I find myself voting against things instead of for anything. I hate having to do that. I wish I liked Kerry at all.

srah - Monday, 12 July 2004 - 10:16 AM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar Jez - July 14, 2004 - 7:05 AM -

I think the likes of Britney "shotgun wedding" Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Taylor et al have done much more damage to the sanctity of marriage than any gay wedding could ever do.

gravatar Jez - July 14, 2004 - 7:10 AM -

Kerry seems rather anonymous - but he does have one thing going for him - he's not Bush.

Although these November elections won't be as negative as the second round of the last French presidentials - everyone was shuddering with distate because they had to vote for Chirac.

gravatar Court - July 14, 2004 - 9:29 AM -

This reminds me of the Louisiana governers election several years ago between Edwin Edwards (who is now in prison) and David Duke, former grand pubah esquire of the KKK.

We had to choose between the lesser of two evils.

gravatar jday - July 14, 2004 - 10:00 AM -

I have reigstered to vote, but voting for either Bush or Kerry just makes me feel dirty. I understand the argument that voting for an independant is essentially giving a republican your vote (as you are taking votes away from the democrat nominee), though. Oh, the dilemma!

gravatar srah - July 14, 2004 - 10:16 AM -

That's why I'm afraid Bush is going to win - I think there are a lot more people who are actually pro-Bush than those who are pro-Kerry.

gravatar jday - July 14, 2004 - 1:20 PM -

That means that I *must* vote for Kerry, because Bush is evil! When you get back to the States, you have to see Farenheit 911. Some parts are not 100% accurate, but it is still a wonderful documentary of the evilness that is Bush.

gravatar MaTT - July 17, 2004 - 11:28 PM -

I know this isn't a political blog, but for the sake of balancing the above comment, if you want to see more extremist anti-Bush views, then go see the movie jday raves so much about. As mentioned on this site, some people just want to be told what to believe, and even worse, through propaganda seemingly portrayed as 'factual'. i hope your readers and everyone else are more intelligent than to simply believe and regurgitate what they see on screen.

gravatar srah - July 18, 2004 - 6:16 PM -

Hmmmmm... using the word 'evil' does seem a bit like sinking to his level, but at the same time, we're told what to believe anyway. Any information that we get about any situation has been released to us by those who want us to know, then filtered through the media. They have all put their own spin, pro- or anti- situation, on it and presented it to us in that light.

What in life is "factual", really?

gravatar MaTT - July 18, 2004 - 7:51 PM -

I agree that everyone puts their own spin on a given subject, because human nature is inherently opinionated and interpretive. So, in that case, yes, we are 'told' what the seeming 'facts' are (the philosophy behind the word 'fact' excluded), and we need to trust where the information comes from in order to know much of anything.

However, we do have the complete freedom to choose *who* we trust, how much we believe them, and how many different other sources we consult to verify these people's statements. I don't 'trust' conservatives any more than i do liberals, but i do trust moderate people more than extremists on both sides, because they don't blind themselves and others from seeing the opposite viewpoint.