Famous against my will

Oh Ann Arbor Observer. While I appreciate the publicity, did you really need to out me with my full name? I feel rather violated to be exposed publicly like this, without any warning!

I don't mind the ancient, first-semester-related quote, but the recent posts! For god's sake, the recent posts! Did you really need to read my blog on that one particular day?

I shudder to think about who is going to come to the site just to read about an ongoing battle with restrictive underwear THAT I DO NOT HAVE (for the record).

srah blah blah - recent posts: Too-tight underwear, end-of-semester angst.  quote: 'Collaboration haiku: End of group project./ At three a.m., groupthinking/ Becomes nothinking.'

Fellow bloggers' reactions: Airbeagle, The Bunker, Seat of the Revolution.

If you are reading this because of the Observer article, please leave a comment and let me know!

[thanks to AirBeagle for the heads-up]

srah - Saturday, 27 March 2004 - 8:11 PM
Tags: , ,

Observer Slander from Seat of the Revolution - March 27, 2004 11:27 PM

It's come to my attention that the Ann Arbor Observer has printed some wildly inaccurate information about The Seat of The Revolution. While the Revolution is up on metaphysics, it cannot yet be in two places at one time. Even if it could, neither w... [Read More]

Welcome Ann Arbor Observer Readers! from ArborBlogs - March 31, 2004 8:37 AM

Hopefully you found your way to arborblogs.com from the old address that was listed in the article. While you're here, you might take a look at ArborBlogs feeds for a look at what ArborBloggers have posted recently. Also, check out... [Read More]

gravatar Urs - March 27, 2004 - 8:22 PM -

weeeeird - it would NOT have been that hard to re-read your blog and select one recent subject... like "red-heads" or "nut kicking" or even "40 subscriptions to Vibe." But it is a relativly small time newspaper so maybe they had some important stuff to cover and couldn't get around to it.

gravatar srah - March 27, 2004 - 10:15 PM -

Oh yeah, nut-kicking would have been a lot better! *hangs head in hands*

gravatar frank - March 27, 2004 - 11:05 PM -

It is interesting that they selected the most out-of-context quotes possible from the blogs they profiled .....

gravatar Other Mike - March 27, 2004 - 11:52 PM -

People actually read the Observer? That's wild. The only time I ever opened it was to unfold it for the bottom of my parrot's cage.

gravatar Murph - March 28, 2004 - 12:22 AM -

Hmmm...I find myself really wondering where I can get a copy of the Observer at 12:30am--After seeing the reactions here and on Airbeagle, Bunker, and Seat, I can't *wait* to see what they picked from mine.

gravatar Justin - March 28, 2004 - 12:44 AM -

I am reading because I read about your blog in the Observer!

gravatar Dharma - March 28, 2004 - 1:30 AM -

Haha...I saw it in the Observer. And, yes, I regularly read it...especially fun is the map of ann arbor with all the crimes marked for the month. Pink triangles for "sexual assault by an acquatance," blue squares for "vehicle thefts," and green circles for burglaries.

gravatar alfie - March 28, 2004 - 1:32 AM -

Your little face looks angry.

gravatar srah - March 28, 2004 - 2:50 AM -

Shut up, Justin!

(I am a little drunk... but it's all the Observer's fault, I say!)

gravatar Jez - March 28, 2004 - 8:47 AM -

ROFL

gravatar katie - March 29, 2004 - 8:47 AM -

Well technically we're all reading this post because of the Observer article, since that was the impetus* for this post!

* Why does that word always sound dirty to me?

gravatar Cheryl - March 29, 2004 - 3:50 PM -

People read the Observer! Remember you were quoted for saying "Woo, doggie!"? (Or was that the Spotlight?)

gravatar srah - March 29, 2004 - 4:05 PM -

That was the Spotlight.

Apparently, though, no one does read the Observer, because I haven't noticed a significant increase in hits.